A woodie guide for woodie mains and beginners

Hello everyone, this is a guide that focuses on all the stuff that you can do to maximize the potential that woodie has, if you are a beginner, i would recommend you to being with default characters or top tiers, like Wilson, winona, or wickerbottom, but if you want a bit of a challenge, u can try woodie, and if you already main woodie, you can check this guide out to learn more about him and everything he can do.

Clicking to chop faster

This is something elemental that you should already know, if you click to chop a tree, ur character will chop faster because you are canceling the animation of chopping, this works even better with woodie because of lucy being able to chop faster, i only recommend to do this if you have a good connection, or if you are the host.

Lucy is a jealous axe

as woodie, you can still craft axes, but if you try to chop a tree with a different axe other than lucy, she will replace that axe and the other one will dissapear, so always pay attention on what axe ur using so you dont waste resources, its to note that this doesnt affect the pick/Axe item, so dont worry about it dissapearing if you are going to use one as woodie.

Werebeaver works as an Axe, Pickaxe, and a Hammer

when you become a werebeaver this comes in handy for a lot of situations, since u can chop, mine, and hammer down anything, doing any of this will also restore points on your log me.

Mining as werebeaver

This is really handy when you find a rock biome, you will basically have an infinite pickaxe, altough only problem would be that you wont be able to pick the rocks until you become woodie again, i recommend to before doing this to always leave 10 wood on the floor or have trees near to become woodie again

Exploring the caves as werebeaver

This is really useful and someting easy to do if you have the patience to search for the ruins, what you want to do is to go to the caves, and then you will have to leave 10 logs near the entrance to become woodie again, and then start chopping trees until you become a werebeaver, when you do this you should go and chop and eat more wood until you are up to 90 points on your log meter, this will expand the time that you will have to explore the caves/ruins, since you are a werebeaver you wont have to worry about food nor light, and sanity wont be a problem, if you see a crawling horror/terrorbeak just ignore em and keep exploring until you find what you wanted, if you start to run out of points in your log meter, just gnaw a rock and you will get a few points when you are done go back to the entrance and eat the wood you left near it and leave the caves.

Massive wood production strategy

As woodie you will always want to have at least 20 cones/nuts to regen sanity, which will help you a lot in some situations, by the start of the game you should get as many wood as you can while trying to get other resources, not just focusing on wood, by the time you establish your base you will have around 40 or more cones/Nuts which you can plant near your base to cut down when they grow, while doing so you will regen a lot of sanity, when all the trees grow, become a werebeaver and chop them all down, then become woodie again, and pick all the woods and cones, and repeat the process, its good to always have a few trees around your base when ful moon is about to being, so you can just chop em and eat some wood and you wont have to worry about the full moon

I'm a new to Woodie, really wanted to know how to deal with him during Full Moon besides going to the caves to avoid turning. It's very hard to just ignore the Terrorbeak imo. I've died a few times just by trying to avoid it.

55 minutes ago, ItsPirrip said:

I'm a new to Woodie, really wanted to know how to deal with him during Full Moon besides going to the caves to avoid turning. It's very hard to just ignore the Terrorbeak imo. I've died a few times just by trying to avoid it.

if you mean getting chased by a terrorbeak on the caves/ruins, just never stop running and dont get stopped by rocks and stuff on the way, theres no way that it will hit you if you do this, after a few minutes the terrorbeak will dissapear so you have a bit of time to either escape or stop running.

i strongly recommend mods like overlays disabler, camera tweaks and sanity volume limiter for ruins exploring

1 hour ago, ZolaRay said:

if you mean getting chased by a terrorbeak on the caves/ruins, just never stop running and dont get stopped by rocks and stuff on the way, theres no way that it will hit you if you do this, after a few minutes the terrorbeak will dissapear so you have a bit of time to either escape or stop running.

i strongly recommend mods like overlays disabler, camera tweaks and sanity volume limiter for ruins exploring

But what if you're hungry and has to stop for food or look for food? I mostly play DST on console and can't use mods on console :/ any tips on dealing with Woody during Full Moon? Specially long Full Moon during winter x_x

Try putting down a big ol stack of logs right before turning and chow down to get back to normal as soon as you're werebeaver! :)  You'll have to keep eating them to avoid turning back though since the log meter rapidly decreases throughout the full moon.

Clicking to chop faster

This is something elemental that you should already know, if you click to chop a tree, ur character will chop faster because you are canceling the animation of chopping

Interesting- I noticed very early on that clicking to chop was faster than hitting the spacebar but I never realized why.

1 hour ago, ItsPirrip said:

But what if you're hungry and has to stop for food or look for food? I mostly play DST on console and can't use mods on console :/ any tips on dealing with Woody during Full Moon? Specially long Full Moon during winter x_x

if ur werebeaver u dont have to worry about food since the only thing to be worried about is your log meter and health, if its full moon, always have a lot of trees around ur base so u can chop em all down and use the curse to your advantage

1 hour ago, Onetel21 said:

but how to deal with the day 1 triple treeguard?!

Tree guards don't start spawning until day 4. And no more then one seems to spawn during the first autumn. So if you have 3 tree guards spawning on you at day 1, something is wrong.

3 hours ago, Onetel21 said:

but how to deal with the day 1 triple treeguard?!

Seriously make Lucy do the same damage as a spear to treeguards please so that woodie becomes op u_u

In my opinion, the point of characters like woodie, is to give expert players a sense of difficulty in the game, something they dont feel anymore when playing with top tiers like wickerbottom or wolfgang, this is what makes these characters fun, although i think it would be fine to buff a lil bit the werebeaver

Archived