[Game Update] - 274406

• Developer
  • Fixed bug caused by two Players installing or using a cooking station at the same time.
  • Fixed bug causing Recipe Book ingredients not to update properly.
  • Fixed bug where a server can sometimes become unjoinable even when it has open slots.
  • Fixed some cases where one Player losing connection may cause other Players to be disconnected as well.

View full update

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, V2C said:

Fixed some cases where one Player losing connection may cause other Players to be disconnected as well.

I'm sure I didn't pass any match while the server hosted by me in The Gorge since last update yestoday. Finally it fixed now.

Might it be possible to implement a way for players to rejoin servers they've been disconnected from?
The one time I've been close to winning in a group (literally about to get the third Favor), I crashed due to trying something dumb with Status Announcements.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, lifetheuniverse said:

Might it be possible to implement a way for players to rejoin servers they've been disconnected from?
The one time I've been close to winning in a group (literally about to get the third Favor), I crashed due to trying something dumb with Status Announcements.

This.

A true and honest feedback from a fellow player who loves your work:
Please don't do an event that can last more than 30 minutes ever again. Your server (I'm sad to say this..) cannot hold up for that long since they are pretty unstable. So many people crashing after 30 minutes of hard work, finding themselves unable to come back and get whatever they worked hard for. 

You unlocked a new recipe? Sure thing buddy, but since you crashed you'll have to slaugher that beefalo once more. For the fifth time.
You are 5 inches away from putting the Key in the hole? That's good to hear, how about the whole server crumbles down on you and you start again without getting any EXP?

This is just my experience with the gorge. Great event, ruined by constant crashes...

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Onetel21 said:

This.

A true and honest feedback from a fellow player who loves your work:
Please don't do an event that can last more than 30 minutes ever again. Your server (I'm sad to say this..) cannot hold up for that long since they are pretty unstable. So many people crashing after 30 minutes of hard work, finding themselves unable to come back and get whatever they worked hard for. 

You unlocked a new recipe? Sure thing buddy, but since you crashed you'll have to slaugher that beefalo once more. For the fifth time.
You are 5 inches away from putting the Key in the hole? That's good to hear, how about the whole server crumbles down on you and you start again without getting any EXP?

This is just my experience with the gorge. Great event, ruined by constant crashes...

I've never had the game crash on me with the Gorge. Server connections is a different story but a 3-person server should still be more stable than a 6-person server regardless of how long the server is up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, MF99K said:

I've never had the game crash on me with the Gorge. Server connections is a different story but a 3-person server should still be more stable than a 6-person server regardless of how long the server is up

in 2 days i kept playing with random people just for fun. We happened to crash (in total, 3 players) about 9 times.

9 times for 20 minutes = 180 minutes = 3 hours "wasted". Even if only one of your team crashes it's a big loss. Expecially if you forget to add them on steam..

At least make people Rejoin or gain the exp they would've gotten until that point. It's just such a waste. I never crashed during the forge, neither during my normal DST gameplay in the Klei servers. Only the gorge is making funny stuff happen. (No, i don't use mods)

Edited by Onetel21

24 minutes ago, MF99K said:

That sounds logical, but seems not to be the case. I had 3 crash/disconnects in a row where my entire team got disconnected, so we gave up. Next time we gave it another shot but crashed again. 

I haven't had the chance to try it since then but I'm really curious if it's actually fixed by now. I really want to play with my friends some more.

• Developer

Hey guys, we believe that most of the server stability issues have been fixed as of this version (274406).  We've also just released a newer version (274618), which should allow most players to find and rejoin their game if they encounter a client-side crash or disconnection.

• Thanks 3