Reduce the default priority

Currently, when you select a task, the game automatically sets your priority to 5 unless you specifically click otherwise. I have a bad habit of ending up with everything in my base at 9-7 priority. The reason being is 'everything' is at 5, so If I want something to have high priority, then I set it above 5. this tends to escalate, and I tend to go back to change by 5s to be higher at some point leading to me having to reset the priority on everything.

I'd rather remove this problem. Well ya I can set the priority to be lower every time, to help negate this effect, its hard to remember that and its also kinda annoying. I'd either like the default priority value to be reduced, or to give me a setting so I can pick my default priority. I feel like 3 would be a great number if were going the first route, as I have a few options to give negative priority if I want, and it almost entirely negates the risk of me getting everything stuck at the highest priority. This could totally just be a me thing but the few streams I have watched of ONI have other people with the same high priority problem, so I feel like everyone would appreciate if this was addressed.

Wth all due repect, this feels less a problem with the game itsef than need a change, and more with players having to learn to change their habits.

I mean, I had a smilar problem buIlearnd to stop using priority 9 systematicaly usng priority 7, 8 for things i want done egularly and quick and priority 4 and 3 on the other end. (mind,I feel If anything could use a chage, it's dupicants bein a little faster in in general.)

Personnally 5 is good for me, 6 is for things I need done soon, 7 for urgencies, 8 for critical, 9 for if i want it done this cycle. but once you click on something and make it a priority it defaults to that for that kind of object.

the rest I use in descending luxurious order

17 minutes ago, thewreckedangle said:

there desperately needs to be a priority 0. ie. do not do this

I believe that's called "cancel".

Unless it's a building. In which case it's "disable" and takes longer.

1 hour ago, thewreckedangle said:

oh. you are one of THOSE people.

Hide contents

pewds.gif.a2daffe641b31289ca8a9841da30e284.gif

Oh no, it was just a manifestation of three things:

1) I'm snarky when hungry

2) I'm low on cash, and thus snacks

3) The use of the word "desperately" grossly annoys me, given that it's an exaggeration of near-infinite proportions.

8 minutes ago, thewreckedangle said:

when you've played 2k hours of this game and have wanted (essentially "blueprint mode") this the entire time, yeah, "desperately" is exactly the word needed

The fact that you've played 2k hours of the game shows just how un-desperately it is needed.

You might of wanted it, but at best that's "desperately wanted". "Desperately needed" means the game is basically unplayable without it.

On 6/21/2018 at 4:33 AM, Smuch said:

Wth all due repect, this feels less a problem with the game itsef than need a change, and more with players having to learn to change their habits.

I mean, I had a smilar problem buIlearnd to stop using priority 9 systematicaly usng priority 7, 8 for things i want done egularly and quick and priority 4 and 3 on the other end. (mind,I feel If anything could use a chage, it's dupicants bein a little faster in in general.)

No, it's a game change thing. Management gets a little more nuanced than you describe when I want to be able to interface in and around multiple layers of subpriorities for ongoing tasks like refilling the algea distillers or cooking food. I agree it would be plenty if we were just talking about construction here.

And the issue isn't a need for granularity, it's a question of not wanting to have to actively deprioritize things as I implement them.

Archived