My Modular Base Design Rules Part 2

So as a follow up to my previous post, I have included some progress pictures of my new base after 200 turns.

Raw:

image.png.296a40efc5e6c96c607519b8e474f98c.png

Overlaid with labels to make design rules more obvious. Note, the power plant includes a cooling and water boiler as part of the design.

image.thumb.png.2183c1c0099929762fbada1e677a645c.png

Thermal overlay (its thermally stable I promise):

image.thumb.png.ba7b6f283b7dbf99e64ce06dee9d09d3.png

The issue I have at the moment is water stability. Hot water is no issue, and I produce plenty of hot cold water using my boiler and a water geyser. The issue is generating enough polluted water to power my cooling system. Hence the morb / puft + Slime distillery in the top right corner.

As always, comments and suggestions are encouraged. I am interested to know wether people are having issues dealing with heat now the NG / Fertalizer generator has been nerfed.

3 minutes ago, Enginator said:

I am interested to know wether people are having issues dealing with heat now the NG / Fertalizer generator has been nerfed.

I think the thermal bugs are what's causing most issues with heat. The ngg cycle change has been interesting as it's forced me to rethink power solutions. Fortunately for late game now solar is viable although somewhat annoying to keep clean.

2 hours ago, Enginator said:

I am interested to know wether people are having issues dealing with heat now the NG / Fertalizer generator has been nerfed.

Temperatures are bugged. I don't like that "average" temp change, has nothing to do with NG nerf, for me.

@Oozinator Electrical generators always have inherent inefficiency, especially ones that convert heat to electricity. They leave a lot of waste heat that needs to be dealt with. It's clear this is intended just by looking at the tooltips of each generator and the large amounts of heat generated compared to most other buildings.

In that light, the ability to delete huge amounts of heat by cooling your gas generators and getting extremely cold output products was a massive inconsistency and flaw that needed to be fixed. The same might happen to the fixed output temperatures of carbon skimmers and water sieves. I'm sure they'll think of some other way to make heat more managable if the pressure of heat death becomes too much in the midgame, but you can go a long way just by sticking an aquatuner in a natural lake of polluted water and surrounding it with abyssalite.

1 hour ago, Sevio said:

The same might happen to the fixed output temperatures of carbon skimmers and water sieves.

Are those the only buildings now,with fixxed input temp?
I never deleted heat that way, very much.
I used wheezies and hydrogen more and was pumping fluids around, but now?
Three big (relative) seperated water tanks in by base and the are all around 22-23°, no difference, based on surroundings.
No difference, that the input temp changed from 15°-to 25° and the right tank was filled first, then the middle then the left and the right is in the "warmest" zone..
Everything is averaging and it's doing weird stuff, between some objects/materials.
Vacuum seems buggy sometimes too, when pipes go through, i prevent it now, like some other stuff.

The electrolyzer also has a fixed output temp of 70 C, but that one isn't really suitable for large scale heat deletion because of the already high temp and you only need to electrolyze as much as your dupes breathe.

10 hours ago, Enginator said:

The issue is generating enough polluted water to power my cooling system. Hence the morb / puft + Slime distillery in the top right corner.

I see you have only 5 dupes if I'm not mistaken. Add 5 more, preferably with small bladder. This should help a bit with ph2o.

Edit. Oh btw...nice base layout! 

If I recall correctly, a water tile that is surrounded on 3 sides or more by polluted water will convert into polluted water itself. So you might be able to convert clean water straight into polluted water by sending it into the bottom of a 2-deep pool of polluted water.

44 minutes ago, Sevio said:

If I recall correctly, a water tile that is surrounded on 3 sides or more by polluted water will convert into polluted water itself. So you might be able to convert clean water straight into polluted water by sending it into the bottom of a 2-deep pool of polluted water.

It's much harder to do now.  P-H2O now has a per-tile density that is the same as clean Water, preventing the conversion under most circumstances.

2 hours ago, PhailRaptor said:

It's much harder to do now.  P-H2O now has a per-tile density that is the same as clean Water, preventing the conversion under most circumstances.

Off topic, but is there a way to condense the chlorine gas into tablets, or a drip, to drop into polluted water to kill the bacteria?

23 minutes ago, scaldinghotcarl said:

Off topic, but is there a way to condense the chlorine gas into tablets, or a drip, to drop into polluted water to kill the bacteria?

There is not, the only way to clean germs out of liquids is heat or cold. But in the game's current state, germs in water are a non-issue as long as you don't make emergency foods that use germy water from pitcher pumps.

18 minutes ago, Sevio said:

There is not, the only way to clean germs out of liquids is heat or cold. But in the game's current state, germs in water are a non-issue as long as you don't make emergency foods that use germy water from pitcher pumps.

So boiling the water with a tepidizer would do the trick? And I've noticed that is it a bit useless to do as the filter can miraculously filer out anything.

1 hour ago, scaldinghotcarl said:

So boiling the water with a tepidizer would do the trick? And I've noticed that is it a bit useless to do as the filter can miraculously filer out anything.

Boiling it will certainly do the trick, but add a lot of heat to your base unless you immediately delete it by sending it to electrolyzers. Or you heat it to near boiling, then send it to the water sieve. If you boiled it using an aquatuner, you would get a lot of free cooling because of the specific heat capacity of normal water is much smaller than polluted water.

Archived