Instant deconstruct (sandbox mode)

It would be nice to be able to insta deconstruct specific things, like automation. The destroy option does the trick, but a lot of times it destroys much more than just the intended item.

I feared that I'd be missing something before I posted this. Is it possible to "insta deconstruct" specific items on sandbox mode, like electric cables for example? If you could be so patient as to explain how I'd be grateful. My problem was that I didn't find this, so I could only queue for dupes to do or destroy.

When i press ctrl+F4 i have all objects aviable and instant build /deconstruct, even in survival.
Alt+Q and other commands work too, without further magic..
I installed/created the txt file hundred years ago (or similar), no clue if it's needed today.

3 hours ago, Oozinator said:

When i press ctrl+F i have all objects aviable and instant build /deconstruct, even in survival.

F4, not F key

Instant construction has serious issues that would best be left out of normal game play, in my opinion.  Of immediate note is the pipe temp bug mentioned in another thread, as was said there insta-build tends to create glitches in plumbing systems. 

6 hours ago, Kabrute said:

F4, not F key

Instant construction has serious issues that would best be left out of normal game play, in my opinion.  Of immediate note is the pipe temp bug mentioned in another thread, as was said there insta-build tends to create glitches in plumbing systems. 

I added a 4 and yes, could cause glitches. :)

I just tried press Ctrl+F4 in sandbox mode, but nothing happens. Then I try to enable debug, on debug enabled it make all construction, dig, deconstruct instant. Are you sure you didn't have debug enabled? maybe just hidden UI?

11 hours ago, Oozinator said:

I installed/created the txt file hundred years ago (or similar)

Ah, make sense. As long as that txt there... your debug is enabled. You can show the debug UI or not, but it still enabled.

One of the issues I have experienced with Instant construct/deconstruct is that when you perform them both on the same spot while paused, then unpause.  Doors that you "deconstruct" becoming blocks of iron(mineable) tiles become "natural" versions of whatever they were made of,  its wonky

Archived