Duplicant death inconsistency

If a dupe runs out of oxygen, they die instantly.

If a dupe is submerged in magma, they take a real life minute to die even after their hp reaches 0.

I think this should be changed.. perhaps have a suffocating dupe fall unconscious and need another dupe to carry them out within a certain time?

I agree, this would be better. In real life you'd pass out but could be revived if the right medical attention was given in an oxygenated area.

I'd argue that you'd probably instantly die if coming into contact with magma, but someone is probably going to come along after me and argue that actually it'd just cook you and you'd have a little while or something :p

Yeah, I feel like that's backwards, being torched to death shouldn't knock you out. Being starved of Oxygen should mean that you have three real-life minutes to recover that dupe into a med bed before they die from being starved of oxygen.

Starving already takes a (ingame) day. So the scale of starving compared to suffucating seems to be adequate.

The temperature related issues seem to be practical solutions to me. I would imagine many players complaining if all their dupes would burst in flames as soon as a lava biome had been tapped.

Maybe there will be a change once the flameable attribute of elements takes effect. But maybe that was an idea that the devs already dismissed.

Archived