Latest updates just feel... blah

21 hours ago, scientas said:

I'd add

• egg/critter management - looks like we'll need a ranching mk3 or cooking upgrade
  • recipe expansion/tweak (general content)
  • use for/addition of material x (chlorine use, acid, salt, etc)
  • fixing storage (general content)
  • expanded research/continued scientist role
  • more entryways - airlocks, 1 tile vertical hatches
  • better dupe exploration (elevators, jetpacks, portable oxygen tanks, porto-potties)
  • more artwork or decor or backgrounds (general content)
  • more rooms (general content)
  • liquid/gas storage tanks as buildings
  • blueprints

I agree but those are - as i said - not new aspects of the game but additions to existing ones. They are surely nice to have but not gamechanging as - lets say - the ranching update.;)

4 hours ago, blash365 said:

I agree but those are - as i said - not new aspects of the game but additions to existing ones. They are surely nice to have but not gamechanging as - lets say - the ranching update.;)

Agreed. But there's no telling if some of the more commonly requested things lead to a new game mechanic like ranching.

How many people were requesting simple additions to critters to be able to put hatches where they wanted? Seems like a simple request on the surface to add something like a leash or kennel, but could have led the developers down the ranching path. Or even other forum members to suggest a full upgrade.

Never underestimate how the simplest thought could give someone else an idea that all of a sudden gives us access to the outside of the asteroid, or nuclear fission, or genetic manipulation.

Forum member "I want tanks for gases"

Developer "Hmm oxygen tanks could lead to scuba gear.  We have plastic already, how do we get to rubber? If we have scuba, now we can add an ocean biome since we have fish in the game."

Result: Undersea Upgrade Mark I :)

True, ocean biome could be a thing. Not sure what unique elements it might have in store, but there are no underwater plants yet, so at least that would be something new.

I dont think the scubagear could compete with exosuits though.

Archived