Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Glossy Dreckos need to either:

1. Eat meal-lice or bristle berries.

2. Have their scales grow in Oxygen, Polluted Oxygen, or Carbon Dioxide (Carbon Dioxide probably makes the most sense).

3. Be programmed to path back to hydrogen areas when not hungry.

Unless any of these three are true, I don't understand why anyone would ever use them when they can just convert petroleum into plastic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Because making plastic out of petroleum requires lots of power and a good deal of oil.

It also creates alot of heat, exhaust (co2, steam), requires an elaborate set of buildings, pumps, vents, etc.

Glossy dreckos just need meal wood (or other plants), which consume dirt (other might consume water or pW), and a few pads on the back every now and then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Koningkrush said:

I don't understand why anyone would ever use them when they can just convert petroleum into plastic.

Forget glossy dreckos, I don't understand why anyone would bother with regular dreckos.  Reed fiber is of limited use, abundant supply, and has a 2-day growth cycle when grown domestically (1-day when using a farming station).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, blash365 said:

Because making plastic out of petroleum requires lots of power and a good deal of oil.

It also creates alot of heat, exhaust (co2, steam), requires an elaborate set of buildings, pumps, vents, etc.

Glossy dreckos just need meal wood (or other plants), which consume dirt (other might consume water or pW), and a few pads on the back every now and then.

All of those things are solved by a wall of insulated tiles and automation, requiring no duplicant intervention other than the petroleum production itself.
Meanwhile, ranching requires the full-time dedication of an entire duplicant, just to have it only sometimes work with this dance between hydrogen and some other element.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Koningkrush said:

All of those things are solved by a wall of insulated tiles and automation, requiring no duplicant intervention other than the petroleum production itself.
Meanwhile, ranching requires the full-time dedication of an entire duplicant, just to have it only sometimes work with this dance between hydrogen and some other element.

A wall of insulated tiles will result in your "production area" slowly melting after just a few cycles.

 

My comparison still stands:

One (the animal) requires dupe-time and a few resources (plants),

the other (industrial production) requires several buildings (pump, refinery, polymer press), resources (oil) from one of the least habitable places of the map (oil biome), tons of electricity (240W (pump), 480W (refinery), 240 (polymer press)) and lots of cooling.

So while i am still going for the industrial way myself, i can certainly see benefits of simply having 1-2 glossy dreckos and sheering them every now and then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/2/2018 at 8:09 PM, Koningkrush said:

Unless any of these three are true, I don't understand why anyone would ever use them when they can just convert petroleum into plastic.

You also have to get to the oil in the first place, so yes it isn't as efficient, I can be able to have early plastic which can allow traps, vents and such.  If you have tips to getting to oil faster, would love to hear them.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...