Job priority. Still unsure if it's working right.

I don't think it's supposed to work like this.
If dupes are supposed to pick jobs based on their own priorities 1st and only after they can't find that job then they will try to find the next best job. 

Why does this still happen?
What is the difference between sweep/tidy and storage.
It's basically the same thing in my view.

Tidy should include things like compost, empty toilet, empty compost and empty other things. As well as empty bottled water.

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Capture.PNG

Miner does something else because there is already someone digging, and there is no other digging action available, same for the scientist, there is someone using the research station and super computer have no energy

I think that storage priority is for storage compactors. If you move the Gofer to another action, he will no longer investigate, if you move the scientist he will not dig and go to investigate, and the miner will go to dig. 

Travaldo is researching because there is no action related to supply. This started the chain of "chaos"

That was not the only dig job.
It wouldn't matter anyways if Ashcan was doing his job as a scientist and Travaldo doing his job sweeping/tidy.
Then no one would be doing any digging but Joshua

I even moved Ashcan and Travaldo closer to the jobs they were supposed to do and they still went back to not doing their job.

Capture.PNG

i think your problem come from your power management. each time you run out of power, they look for anything else to do, and swap their job.

you should get an operator, and set him for running all the day on the wheel. 2 battery, and the gen set on 90% will let him only a little break for rest or nap. And all the other people depending on this power will work as intended. And it seem it's better to put the priority on the station you want to work. you put the research station to 9, they will never let it.Same for the wheel.

In your pic, all priorities are set to 5, so they just have the choice to do what they want...

Archived