Dreckos Don't Shear Plastic?

I was sure in the preview stream said Dreckos when sheared gave Plastic to help you get the material faster than forcing players to go through the process of multiple conversions. I just sheared a Drecko and it gave 2x Reed Fiber. Is that right?

7 hours ago, Stoof said:

I've been running a small drecko farm for over 200 cycles and still not got a plastic drecko eggs, really not seeing it as an early game source of plastic except by RNG.

I had wild drekos in 3 different areas lay a plastic egg before I had even started digging out of my starting biome.  Once you have one, it has a 67% chance of laying another glossy egg.

I do have an issue with Pufts, though.. Dense Pufts only have a 1% chance of laying a dense egg, unless there's a Puft Prince.  But, the puft prince starves to death without PO2 -- unless he's wild.  So.. taming dense pufts to  farm Oxylite is a nuisance.  Basically I have to use ration boxes to move eggs to the correct farms.

19 minutes ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

I do have an issue with Pufts, though.. Dense Pufts only have a 1% chance of laying a dense egg, unless there's a Puft Prince.  But, the puft prince starves to death without PO2 -- unless he's wild.  So.. taming dense pufts to  farm Oxylite is a nuisance.  Basically I have to use ration boxes to move eggs to the correct farms.

just put a box of polluted dirt in the room. the idea is that the polluted dirt offgasses, allowing the puft prince to keep reseting the death meter, and therefore not dying. the puft prince won't produce anything, but that does not matter, because its the oxilite you are after.

4 hours ago, BionicSandwich said:

just put a box of polluted dirt in the room. the idea is that the polluted dirt offgasses, allowing the puft prince to keep reseting the death meter, and therefore not dying. the puft prince won't produce anything, but that does not matter, because its the oxilite you are after.

Thanks! I'll have to try that.

i have my dense pufts at my oxygen production site, they consume the oxygen allowing more to be produced whilst the oxylite is taken to a compactor in a highly pressurised area, I put my polluted dirt there too because even with the gasses mixing, the pufts eat what they want etc.

Archived