I think I'm raising critters wrong

1) yes must remove egg from pen to fridge or incubator to continue production

2) take egg and make omelette

3) either incubating them natural way or artificial way, then put them to Pending zone, then setup a drowning room by automation and door which will trigger when hatches touch weight plate. 

Just now, onebit said:

How do you get the eggs out of the room but still outside of storage to hatch?

when Burt, Rowan and his friend put the egg to fridge, it doesnt stop it from incubate, u need to do empty fridge after few cycle manually

1 hour ago, onebit said:

Is the key to raising hatches removing the eggs from the pen an incubating them? Any advice to make hatches a viable food source appreciated.

Eggs hatch on their own, so just leave them in the room. Better yet, just build an incubator in your hatch stable.

If you're referring to eggs, have a fridge set to 7-8 with eggs ticked off. If you're referring to meat, just raise all the hatches, and let the old ones die off.

There's a really weird bug where some hatches will age exponentially fast, so...keep an eye out for that.

Spoiler

In all honesty Hatches aren't the best critters for meat OR eggs, Shine Bugs are. They have a super short lifespan, and they reproduce like mad.

67%/cycle for Shine Bugs, as opposed to 17%/cycle for Hatches.

11 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

In all honesty Hatches aren't the best critters for meat OR eggs, Shine Bugs are. They have a super short lifespan, and they reproduce like mad.

67%/cycle for Shine Bugs, as opposed to 17%/cycle for Hatches.

yes indeed, but the material to feed shine bug not such great due to limitation, and feed it with food to get another food seem awkward for me, For my base, BBQ is just a supplement, main course will stick with berry sludge, gristle berry, omelette, pepper bread this four which more effective. 

If ignore the input of feed material, output of hatches produce coal is a plus( specially when u got sage hatches) 

1 minute ago, kuroko0820 said:

If ignore the input of feed material, output of hatches produce coal is a plus( specially when u got sage hatches) 

But Sage Hatchlings grow up into Smooth Hatches! :wilson_ecstatic:

And if we're going down that road, then technically Pufts are the next best thing.

Just keep killing all Puft Princes, and your pufts will continue to lay Puft Prince eggs, with yet again a much higher reproduction rate of 22%/cycle, and much less resources needed.

Archived