Bearger spawning issues

So normally bearger always spawns near the beginning of day 71, the first day of autumn, but not this time. I figured the game must've glitched and I wasn't gonna get bearger this year. Fast forward to day 87, autumn is almost over, and I hear the sound of a giant coming. So I go run to the forest in anticipation of bearger's arrival and he doesn't show the entire day. He made his spawning noise the entire time, and my characther said "That sounds quite large" several times. It's now day 88 and I'm afraid to go back to my base in case he does suddenly spawn. He's still making the spawning noise. Everything on my world is default. Has anyone seen this happen? Not sure what I should do

Edit: I've relogged and nothing has changed. Still indefinitely making his spawning noise.

Edit: I tried wormholes and going through the caves and it didn't change. He finally spawned at the end of day 89, more than 2 full days after he made his noise. Whatever, I'm just glad he finally spawned

YES!!!!! ok worse for me, Bearger attacked me on day 19 autumn!!! i was like holy sh** on a  sh** stick  and yeah it was near my bee boxes but barely and i mean BEARly :p i defeated it and had 3hp as winter came and i was fighting shadows at the same time, soo yeah from what i recall me and a friends we took a break late day 17 and we started hearing big guy coming for about 2 full days and boom out of no where bearger.

I've had Bearger not spawn 3 or 4 Autumns in a row. The sounds are there and the character warning of him coming but then nothing. I've also ran around almost every square inch of the map to see if it somehow spawned elsewhere and haven't found it. I just miss it because it was a great tree farmer, its not as if its drops are useful or anything.

Mind you my settings are set to less(made the server when i was still scared of the giants).

23 minutes ago, Rogueagent01 said:

I've had Bearger not spawn 3 or 4 Autumns in a row. The sounds are there and the character warning of him coming but then nothing. I've also ran around almost every square inch of the map to see if it somehow spawned elsewhere and haven't found it. I just miss it because it was a great tree farmer, its not as if its drops are useful or anything.

Mind you my settings are set to less(made the server when i was still scared of the giants).

i took a wormhole when i kept hearing his thingy that hes coming... hmmm maybe try that?  maybe wormholes make it appear? i dunno needs more experimentations

21 hours ago, Josonic said:

I'm wondering if the update caused the issue somehow. Did anyone experience issues with bearger before Year of the Varg update?

For me it certainly started when we got the update, i'm at nearly day 2500 and never had it happen before 1.26/1.27. Also never had it happen on any of my other servers.

• Developer

The team recently fixed an issue where the bearger would always spawn on the first day of autumn (of the second and subsequent cycles), but there may have been some side effects including an early spawn during the first autumn. I've brought this up with them and they'll take a look at it when they're able.

Just finished killing Toad at the end of summer. When i came out of the caves it was already Autumn, so i went for a walk in the desert near my base and the cave entrance i use most, and Bearger was just walking around. So for me i'll do that again next summer so i get Bearger to spawn for sure. 

Hi :)

I'm trying to make the bearger spawn because it's the only boss I didn't kill yet.

I'm on a game, late autumn, day 25 (I started on summer).

Can it spawn in this game? I keep rollbacking once I reach winter (I roll back 3 days before winter). Is it a lost cause? I've tried 3 times but no luck.

23 minutes ago, Raikyn said:

Hi :)

I'm trying to make the bearger spawn because it's the only boss I didn't kill yet.

I'm on a game, late autumn, day 25 (I started on summer).

Can it spawn in this game? I keep rollbacking once I reach winter (I roll back 3 days before winter). Is it a lost cause? I've tried 3 times but no luck.

Hey, for my understating he do not spawn on first autumn you had.

17 minutes ago, Raikyn said:

I thought it was no bosses spawn on the first season, wasn't it?

Hmm, to be honest I always start as default season, so I always thought that Bearger need to have full season cycle to let him spawn!

FYI, bosses have spawn rate, unlucky?

30 minutes ago, mzajy said:

Hmm, to be honest I always start as default season, so I always thought that Bearger need to have full season cycle to let him spawn!

FYI, bosses have spawn rate, unlucky?

Yea maybe :(

Archived