Priority for Rations

What priority category is filling ration boxes and refrigerators? It seems like it is storage. Which is a problem (at least for me) I want to have storage at a low priority so they will only run around putting sandstone in boxes when they have nothing better to do, but it seems like now they will never get around to putting food away before it rots.

I have the same "issue" with the "storage" job covering my food supply.

Only solution i could find is using all ration boxes / refrigerators with higher priority than all my debris storage.

So i can manage to keep the low priority storage tasks at the lowest of all my jobs (like you want to do it), BUT i haven´t found a good way to keep all my food in sterile containers without giving a high priority to the "storage" job for at least one dupe (which makes him prefer useless storage tasks when he could do something usefull).

Maybe add the ration box delivery to the "cook" job ?

I had a fridge at 9 and still my liceloaf sat on the floor.  It also means your hatch feeder is often empty for long stretches.  It highlights to problem for the player only getting sub priority control and that some errands (like filling compactors) are low but others in same category are high(food storage) but you are stuck making them all high or all low 

So, it's probably good to note that if you make all dupes' priorities the same for all tasks, you basically get the old system, so nothing is lost in this system.

If you want to use the new functionality (which I think you should), then just have a fast/strong dupe who prioritizes storage tasks, and use sub-priority to determine what they do first.

Yah.  I prioritize research and lock down art but I am finding it best to have several dups at neutral across the board so I get some control for the must do tasks and my emergency orders.  I still think they implemented backwards....user should have primary and AI secondary..

I'm using my Groundskeeper for that kind of stuff. Leira was trained as Gofer and Courier, thus can carry a lot of stuff. Supply set to high priority, storage to very high. As GK mostly flip switches and mop, there's plenty of time for Leira to deliver the food where needed.

All my storages are set to pro 1 for long-term storage. If I need slime near my dusk cap farm => build storage, prio 2. This also later helps with the sweepers and loaders as you still can use all levels from 1-9 contrary to the default 5-9. (Imagine 8 sweepers in row passing junk across 9 lockers :) ) Machines always start with 5, so I'm fine only changing the storage priority.

Archived