Weekend Newbs

G4MR

I'm a weekend newb, bought the game last friday I think and played erm. Don't want to talk about the amount of hours lol

How long have many of you lasted in a new world? Me personally was almost 30 days then I wanted to "try something new" and poof lol.

What's your favorite strategy going into a new game after dying?

Me personally I'd like to think my bee box rush strategy sets me up for a great 20 days. You basically get enough resources for surviving food (as natural as possible: seeds carrots, berries), then I try to get both my Science Machine and Alchemy Engines up. I make camp near the bees since that's pretty much an unlimited resource for bee boxes. I only eat just enough (40% I think) to keep my hunger from beeping. From here my main resources are: 4 Silk, Rope and Twigs for the bug net. Lots of logs (logs should stack more imho) to make boards for the bee box and later on.` You can make a logsuit if you wish w/ a few logs and rope (more logs/grass) to negate extra damage bees might do. Now you should have: Logsuit, x2 Bug Net, Spear and you should have enough to make 2-4 bee boxes + all the honey you collected from bee hives your first few nights should be easy. Don't over eat honey as you'll need that to survive your first few nights while scavenging. Now you have a natural hunger source which should reward you with 26 honey on a full harvest from 4 bee boxes. This should be enough to allow you to move around and scout the map.

I haven't really worked out anything after that.. I always die trying to do something new lol

1)Spawn.2)Collect a few resources on day 1-2.3)Explore a little bit of the map so i know my surroundings.4)Look for a savanah and grassland.5)Establish there.6)Search for the pig king.7)Make goals and survive.Also i don't know why you would want to have a go for around 30 days,atleast for me that's not enough to do Jack****

Step 0. play as Wx-78Step 1. Collect resources.Step 2. Find a a place where at least 3 roads meet.Step 3. Find and shave beefaloes.Step 4. make a beefaloe hat and never take it off.Step 5. Find chester.Step 6. Make a base with wallsStep 7. get bored and suicide before day 40That's how i do it

1)Spawn.

2)Collect a few resources on day 1-2.

3)Explore a little bit of the map so i know my surroundings.

4)Look for a savanah and grassland.

5)Establish there.

6)Search for the pig king.

7)Make goals and survive.

Also i don't know why you would want to have a go for around 30 days,atleast for me that's not enough to do Jack****

Not sure what that means, but I died at around 30 days. ofc it isn't enough to do much, maybe when I don't die anymore :|

Dying over and over is how you learn how to play. Keep on playing and pay attention and you will become a boss.

ofc, it's just interesting seeing how different people play this game. I could literally tell you that every person I've talked to or seen play has a different approach to this game. It's just interesting, trying to make a friendly discussion. Edited by G4MR

Step 0. play as Wx-78Step 1. Collect resources.Step 2. Find a a place where at least 3 roads meet.Step 3. Find and shave beefaloes.Step 4. make a beefaloe hat and never take it off.Step 5. Find chester.Step 6. Make a base with wallsStep 7. get bored and suicide before day 40That's how i do it

Replace step 0 with "pick random character" and that's mostly how I play. My god the routine. I need some insanity to spice things up.