Unauthorized slave server error

Hello @palaiminta, welcome to the forums. Try and set the executable to run program as administrator.

• Make sure all servers are shut down
  • Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\bin\ 
  • Right click dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer.exe
  • Click Properties
  • Click Compatibility Tab and enable Run this program as administrator
  • Press Apply
  • Start up servers again

Also this is the server_log.txt file for the Master right? but why does it show ShardRole as SLAVE? Make sure your server.ini for the server is set to master:

is_master = true

While the is_master property in the server.ini inside your caves folder be set to false.

There could probably more issues aside from these things so quote/mention me when you make a reply. Cheers.

Hi, @Zillvr, thanks for your reply, sadly it did not help. Running as admin didn't help and this was log for the slave server so that is why ShardRole is slave, we trying to run caves on the slave and main world on other pc for we figured it maybe will not lag as bad :) So we also tried changing slave and master pc's but it said absolutely the same thing. We're out of ideas and we checked everything, if there is any log you'd like to see to understand better we can post it.
thanks for your time, best wishes ^_^

I'm pretty sure that by now you've seen this post: 

But regardless I'd like to point out two specific settings:

On 2/20/2016 at 1:02 AM, 255 said:

bind_ip

• Overridable in server.ini
  • Default: 127.0.0.1
  • Required: If shard_enabled = true and is_master = true
  • This is the network address the master server will listen on for other shard servers to connect to. Set this to 127.0.0.1 if all of your servers in your cluster are on the same machine, or 0.0.0.0 if the servers in your cluster are on different machines. This only needs to be set for the master server, either in cluster.ini, or the master server's server.ini.

1) On the MASTER shard's server.ini file, set:

bind_ip = 0.0.0.0

This should allow slaves to connect from another computer in the network.

----

On 2/20/2016 at 1:02 AM, 255 said:

cluster_key

• Overridable in server.ini
  • Default: none
  • Required if shard_enabled = true
  • This is a password used to authenticate a slave server to the master. If you are running servers on different machines that need to connect to each other, this value must be the same on each machine. For servers running on the same machine, you can just set this once in cluster.ini.
  • Must match in each cluster.ini (See NOTES)

2) On BOTH shards' server.ini files, a cluster_key should be set to the same value for authentication:

-- Master server.ini
cluster_key = ThisIsARandomSecretString159132

-- Caves server.ini
cluster_key = ThisIsARandomSecretString159132

------

There are also some other interesting properties worth checking out such as master_ip, master_port, etc. I would recommend a thorough read on that post as you may find really useful information there. :wilson_lightbulb:

Hope you get it working and enjoy, cheers!

@machete_kills

Hi, thanks for your time, that didnt work either. We went through everything again and its still the same error. Seems like pcs do connect, but i cant connect to the game lobby, i think its some kind of error on klei's side probably, before an update it worked for us. But we also get an error when we try to fill in a form and ask them about it :D

If we have master and caves on same pc its all working its just problem when we try to do ir separately :/

Other possibilites... that probably aren't possibilities, since if they were true your servers would never have worked...

shard_enabled = true
game_mode = survival
steam_group_only = false

Other than that, I can't really think of anything.

@kertinker  yeah that was all in place, thanks for your time though :)

@Daniel86268 we could not believe it, but this actually finally worked. I have no idea how and why, because last time we had separate tokens and it did work, and nowhere did I see the fact that those should be same, but yeah it's working now! Thank you so much!

Maybe something in the new update or whatever, I have no clue but am really happy :D

Thank you all for your help, you guys are the best! <3

Archived