Perfect fumarole, geyser, volcano combo

With all the new fumarole, geyser, and volcanoes added to the game I would like to hear what combinations of these would you guys like to see spawn in your map?  Would you prefer natural gas or hydrogen for power generation? Do you prefer hot water geysers over cold steam fumaroles?  Metal or magma for volcanoes?  Feel free to discus and share your ideas :)

From the tablet someone posted, I probably not gonna touch, polluted O2, hot CO2. I never use chlorine, so not that one too. I would prefer hot steam over magma. Actually, I have tried to distill crude oil before and I can put steam to insulated magma below while natural gas on top is safe. Molten metals, depend on its amount, might require some Borg cube.

The thing I want most right now is for developers to buff critical temperature for gas and liquid pumps.

5 minutes ago, Grimgaw said:

Right now the volcanoes randomize whenever you reload save, so it's kinda moot to discuss that.

To be honest, I wouldnt mind if they left it like that, create a multipurpose room which seperates the components for amazing uses.

According to my observation, there are no more than 12 geysers in a map. Two cool steam, one natural gas and one natural gas/Chlorine (50%/50%). And the other 8 geysers are randomly selected  from 18 kinds of geysers.

These 18 kinds of geysers output 10 kinds of different materials, but the Carbon Dioxide/Liquid Carbon Dioxide and Steam/Water can be converted to each other.

Ten of them are hot enough to drive the steam turbine, but of course the big volcano provides the most heat. And with a volcano, I can produce some dirt and sand by temperature.

Two of them are colder than 0℃, though liquid CO2 geyser has the lower temperature, the cold PW geyser is better as a cold source because of its bigger yield.

Gold has the highest decor effect, and iron has the highest melting point(Although I don't know where it can be used).

The hydrogen geyser looks tempting, but it's not a good energy source, at least worse than natural gas.

The water geyser (not the steam geyser) can provide much fresh warm water, I like it.

So, the ideal combination for me is 2 cool steam + 1 natural gas + 1 Chlorine + 1 cold PW + 1 volcano (big > small)+ 1 metal (gold>copper>iron) + 1 water +4 random

5 hours ago, R9MX4 said:

Two cool steam, one natural gas and one natural gas/Chlorine (50%/50%)

I had one map out of 15 I checked spawn with just one cool steam, so something in the code changed since last update.

12 hours ago, Grimgaw said:

I had one map out of 15 I checked spawn with just one cool steam, so something in the code changed since last update.

Do you have 3 oil reservoirs? I didn't count reservoir as geyser or volcano. Except 12 geysers/volcanoes, there should be three oil reservoirs, though I always found one or zero. 

I did recently get a map that only had 1 Steam Geyser (Occupational update).  I don't recall if that map had the usual number of Oil Reservoirs or not.  However, I usually see 4 Reservoirs on maps that I think to look.

Ultimately I just used Debug mode to spawn the missing Geyser template at the edge of a Swamp Biome where it looked decently natural occurring there.

Archived