CO2 usage rate of slicksters

Can anyone tell me at what rate the slicksters use CO2. It seem my CO2 production is too much for them to handle and the slickster area gets overpressured by CO2 and then the slicksters are not able to "pop" out CO2. 

The petrol generator produces 500g/s of CO2 then how many slicksters are needed to use up all that CO2 without adding up the CO2 in the area.

250 g/s according to the wiki (so 2 for one Petroleum Generator assuming it runs at all time). Also be careful that they won't produce if they are submerged in liquid, like the oil they produce.

I have 6 in this picture.  I have 6 coal generators, 6 natural gas generators, 1 petroleum generator, and all CO2 from my dupes pumped in here and it never get's too pressurized.  Not saying 6 is enough for all that but most of my generators are idle from smart batteries to save power.

I also have a logic circuit that will turn the pump on when the oil reaches the top sensor and turn off when the bottom sensor turns off

Never had to deal with CO2 again after I built this

20180306034040_1.thumb.jpg.45ac5e649843e99ecfe1df28885d4386.jpg

22 minutes ago, Kuirem said:

250 g/s according to the wiki (so 2 for one Petroleum Generator assuming it runs at all time). Also be careful that they won't produce if they are submerged in liquid, like the oil they produce.

To prevent them "drowning" in their own oil, keep them on mesh tiles.

Also make sure you don't give them too much CO2, they'll stop producing oil if they're in too high pressure and 2 kg/tile is already too much.

3 minutes ago, Lutzkhie said:

thats why their not producing i i got 14slicksters, i got too much CO2 due to my oil press engine mkIV, i guess ill have to make a mkV of my design and add some skimmers

slicksters = 250 g/s CO2

skimmers = 300 g/s CO2

skimmers might be able to absorb more CO2 but only by 50 g/s and they use water, power, and create PW.  Might be easier to add more slicksters

no its not about adding slickster, its their habitat, i just need to dig deeper for the CO₂ to spread, i need it to drop to atleast 100g per tile, thats according to the wiki
"Slicksters consume very high amounts of CO₂(over 800kg) if over 100g pressure, and bursts same amount of Crude Oil"

3kg per tile is too much for slicksters, i thought their good with high pressured area

Damn hit another wall. How do i trap slickers that are in 80c environments. Two of my creature traps already melted away creating naptha in oil reserves. How do i get them to where i want them to be

3 minutes ago, Tab1 said:

Damn hit another wall. How do i trap slickers that are in 80c environments. Two of my creature traps already melted away creating naptha in oil reserves. How do i get them to where i want them to be

Pump cold CO2 into the oil biome, it will keep your traps from melting and the slicksters are attracted to CO2 like a rat to cheese

23 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

Just add a shut-off valve to you CO2 feed line so that if pressure increases too high (will depend on set up) the CO2 line is cut off until pressure is dropped and the slickster poop. 

The problem with that is the co2 pipes are connected to my NG power grid as well as petrol grid. so if co2 pipe is blocked power stops

1 hour ago, Tab1 said:

The problem with that is the co2 pipes are connected to my NG power grid as well as petrol grid. so if co2 pipe is blocked power stops

Just have two or more separate slickster pens. Each will probably quite easily handle 800-900g/s using the stop valve technique. That's enough for 1 petrol gen and 4 NGGs per slickster pen. Or 10 NGGs.

I also think you misunderstood it slightly. A correctly designed slickster pen hardly ever uses the shut off valve. It just that if it's not there the slicksters will eventually stop producing crude oil and just consume CO2 indefinitely.

Archived