Easy Water Purification System - outputs germ-free water at ~285K

This system uses a couple of doors with automation rather than pumping everything around, should help save a bit of power. I haven't run the numbers for that, it was just an experiment.

You may need to temporarily add in some Airflow Tiles to remove any bubbles of gas from the system. After it's been filled, you can replace with standard tiles again.

Make sure the equipment inside (Tepidizer, Aquatuner, Pump) is made from Gold Amalgam.

TjTsGrX.jpg

oOgwsgu.png

PxPRrPs.png

xkBX6FB.png

3 minutes ago, travaldofan said:

Nice build! Have u thought about use cooling to kill germ?

Thanks! I have thought about it, but I'm not sure how to do it practically just yet without a larger setup or using the Borg Cube. This build can be done pretty early on in a standard game, so I'm happy with it for now.

2 minutes ago, Tab1 said:

But why would you need to purify PH2O instead of using it for power production. There is a clean water geyser which supplies clean water.

1 minute ago, NanoD said:

But the real question is why kill the germs in first place?

I use this as a reliable way to cool water for Bristle Blossoms. 

Just now, falconerd said:

I use this as a reliable way to cool water for Bristle Blossoms. 

But you dont have to kill the germs. You just need nice cold water. dont matter if it is germy.

7 minutes ago, NanoD said:

But you dont have to kill the germs. You just need nice cold water. dont matter if it is germy.

So using germ filled water to feed Bristle Blossoms doesn't give them the germs? That doesn't make sense to me... But if so, then I guess the system is not useful right now :(

Does anyone know the current uses for germ-free water? Are there any besides the Microbe Musher?

Only way to get germs on food if you use germy water for cooking or if you touch it with germy hands. 

And one more thing that many dont know. Only way to get infected by slimelung germs is to breath them, if you eat slimelung infested food you will not get any slimelung germs in you.

9 minutes ago, falconerd said:

So using germ filled water to feed Bristle Blossoms doesn't give them the germs? That doesn't make sense to me... But if so, then I guess the system is not useful right now :(

Does anyone know the current uses for germ-free water? Are there any besides the Microbe Musher?

I mean using poop to fertilize plants is a thing. There's gotta be germs in poop.

2 hours ago, asveron said:

I mean using poop to fertilize plants is a thing. There's gotta be germs in poop.

Yes, but farmers do know very well how to handle it before using manure as fertilizer. You just don't throw fresh poop on plants and watch them grow. That will cause a contamination with pathogens.

2 hours ago, PhailRaptor said:

This is why it's imperative that you wash whatever produce you bring home from the store.

Washing only gets rid of some bacteria but nowhere near enough. If something is contaminated, then you are at the risk of getting sick. It doesn't matter if you wash it or not. It's even more likely to cause more contamination in your kitchen because you spread the germs with the water.

@falconerd Have you tried a setup with slimelung-water from algae distillers? Slimelung cancels out food poisoning germs and will die off on water on it's own in a few cycles. That way you don't have to use so much energy to heat and cool again.

35 minutes ago, Lacost said:

Have you tried a setup with slimelung-water from algae distillers? Slimelung cancels out food poisoning germs and will die off on water on it's own in a few cycles. That way you don't have to use so much energy to heat and cool again.

I have not tried this out, thanks for the tip!

Archived