Liquid, pipes, and gravity

A couple of questions about liquid, pipes and gravity:

1) If I put a liquid consumer at a lower level than the reservoir the liquid comes from, does the input pump still need to be powered?  In such a situation, is there any way to do it without a pump at all?

2) Does the power consumption stay at a flat 240 W regardless of how high up you pump the liquid?

7 minutes ago, MatthewCline said:

If I put a liquid consumer at a lower level than the reservoir the liquid comes from, does the input pump still need to be powered?

YES

In such a situation, is there any way to do it without a pump at all?

NO.

Does the power consumption stay at a flat 240 W regardless of how high up you pump the liquid?

YES

actually once in the pipes the material is free from gravity and depends solely on green to white. (orange to white) as such you only need the pumps for putting the materials into the line, once there use bridges and filters and keep it in lines until your absolutely finished with it.

6 hours ago, MatthewCline said:

1) If I put a liquid consumer at a lower level than the reservoir the liquid comes from, does the input pump still need to be powered?  In such a situation, is there any way to do it without a pump at all?

If possible you can construct a channel and let the water flow from the upper reservoir to the lower reservoir. Much faster and free in terms of energy.

Archived