Just showing off my base.

I was thinking my bases are always so tidy, so this time I will avoid symmetry.

Actually l like it, nice going away from effective build and just build stuff were ever you want. I wanted to try out the big freeze to. And I must say it was nice fresh map to play with new challenges as chlorine pools of tons of it. Just thinking if that gets in to my base it is game over. :)

Well I am in cycle 73 and 17 dupes at the moment and this is what my colony looks like now.A389F4F0D377AF6D15043EEC61CAB41EC0AE4CA9

Mi-ma did feel lite bit frozen so need a nice hot place to sleep.

DC7B4A18047F36A9E53DA2D85900786C8CB04F7B

Here's my base, lot of empty space (had more farming than I needed once everything worked well). I'm late on Plastic, managed without it so far.

20180303061629_1.thumb.jpg.b46a9ee9b1088b6cf3d7789dc4a59f99.jpg

Upper room is O2 production (self sufficient)

Lower room has same setup + 2 coal Generators for the Aquatuner (on the right), half the water is looped to cool the Geyser. (actually water got a little colder than I want, the Valve helps regulate the temperature)

5a9a30d9301d8_ONI_O2Water.thumb.jpg.fcb987ed9a800091e2cd808aee714555.jpg

And yes I had an irrigation bug? after some time with the Sleet Wheat but didn't bother since I have plenty food.

These 2 Electrolyzers are enough to supply 20 Dupes (without exosuits yet).

1 hour ago, PickPay said:

Looks nice, what are all the Generators for ?

I wonder what temperature her room is at :p and the CO2 is coming in :o 

Coal generators powers my base needs for power for now. Hydrogen generator keeps my oxygen production running. And Natural gas generator is not up and running yet. I am not sure what to power with it or if I just going to do a centralized power generation. 

Mi-ma have a nice temp of 35-40 C.

1 hour ago, PickPay said:

Here's my base, lot of empty space (had more farming than I needed once everything worked well). I'm late on Plastic, managed without it so far.

Yeah you can go without plastic for ever. I see you using the dubble staircase in the middle that what I usually use in every base, efficient for dupe pathing.

Personally I'm a bigger fan of base building myself and its always awesome to see what others can or have built

It makes holding off blackholes to make worldgen mods all the more worth while in my opinion:D

29 minutes ago, greggbert said:

I find the bed under the hatch suspended in the ceiling to be extremely disturbing.  They wake at night.

Well there was one time a bug were the hatch could eat a sleeping dupe......

Archived