Self-powering, 1000g/s, 10°C oxygen system

Probably one of many self-powering designs, but I wanted to share since it's very simple to build and can even be build without refined metal if you really want. It outputs a constant 1000 g/s of oxygen and doesn't need a filter. The hydrogen generator has a 100% uptime, while the system on average uses less than 800W. More machines (e.g. thermoregulator) can thus be added to the same circuit. Since I built this in a cold biome with 2-3 Weezeworts, the temperature of the oxygen is never higher than 10C, meaning that heat in my base is never a problem. 

20180222171359_1.jpg

20180222171413_1.jpg

20180222171405_1.jpg

20180222171442_1.jpg

Your design doesnt work because you need at least 4 Wheezeworts in hydrogen to cool a flow of 1000g/s of oxygen to 30°C. You would need approximately 10 Wheezeworts in oxygen to cool it down to 30°C, yet you would still need more to cool to 10°C.

Let your design run for 100 cycles and watch it heating up. Of course, for the shortterm it is perfectly reasonable to use up the natural coldness of the cold biome.

2 hours ago, amas said:

Since I built this in a cold biome with 2-3 Weezeworts, the temperature of the oxygen is never higher than 10C, meaning that heat in my base is never a problem. 

It will be. The wheezeworts can't cool the system down fast enough so you'll have a slow but steady temperature increase. Depending on what you made the outer shell of it'll take a while but give it about 200 cycles and the temperature of the oxygen will be between 50C and 55C.

48 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

It will be. The wheezeworts can't cool the system down fast enough so you'll have a slow but steady temperature increase. Depending on what you made the outer shell of it'll take a while but give it about 200 cycles and the temperature of the oxygen will be between 50C and 55C.

Pretty much I think he forgot that machinery also produces heat

Archived