Automation Pump

Hey guys,

I have the following problem. I want to pump out a specific amount of liquid. In this example its polluted water. If the sensor above gets activated it should activate the pump until the sensor below is activated. If the sensor bellow is activated it should turn off the pump until the sensor above gets activated again. Could you guys tell me how I should wire this up to get it work like this?

Sorry for my bad english.

Oxygen Not Included Screenshot 2018.02.20 - 16.24.00.31.png

an alternative way is to use a buffer and filter gate on one hydro sensor.  You will be able to control the timed delay of when the the pump turns on and off.

20180220111916_1.thumb.jpg.e880484a6ba4006365dc770a785b0de0.jpg

28 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

It's called an SR latch.

unknown.png

I just tired this and the pump remands on even when both switches are off

14 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

I just tired this and the pump remands on even when both switches are off

As it should. That's the entire purpose.

Top sensor is set to active "above" whatever
Bottom sensor is set to active "below" whatever

The Set Reset latch works by one sensor, in this case the bottom one turning active. It then remains active regard if the bottom sensor is active or not until the top sensor goes active. It then remains inactive until the bottom sensor goes active again. And so on, and so on.

If it doesn't work, connect the pump to the NOT gate on the opposite side in exactly the same fashion.

14 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

an alternative way is to use a buffer and filter gate on one hydro sensor.  You will be able to control the timed delay of when the the pump turns on and off.

Not entirely sure how that's supposed to be a substitute for an SR latch

4 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

If it doesn't work, connect it to the NOT gate on the opposite side in exactly the same fashion.

You are going to need to elaborate.  In this picture the top sensor is set to above 1 kg and the bottom sensor is set to below 1 kg

as you see in the picture there is no water yet the pump is on20180220113928_1.thumb.jpg.3f966a6978615bbfd747e455cfc202c8.jpg

6 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

You are going to need to elaborate.  In this picture the top sensor is set to above 1 kg and the bottom sensor is set to below 1 kg

as you see in the picture there is no water yet the pump is on

Connect the pump any of these places instead. An SR latch has an inverted side so you just connected it to any of the inverted points.

sr.thumb.png.f3ad46d5bf24b30e1e8fa7ba7786c26c.png

1 minute ago, Neotuck said:

Now it works with both sensors set to above 1 kg.  Hope this answers your question @Meepster 

No. You don't get it then.

That's an AND OR latch. It is not a substitute for an SR latch in all cases as the trutth table is different. Get used to using the proper set up as I did above.

1 minute ago, Saturnus said:

No. You don't get it then.

That's an AND OR latch. It is not a substitute for an SR latch in all cases as the trutth table is different. Get used to using the proper set up as I did above.

I filled it with water and the pump didn't turn on with the bottom sensor, but it did turn on with the top sensor.  and the pump remained on until the bottom sensor was off

HOW is that wrong? it's exactly what he asked for

@NeotuckLearn to use the tool that is an SR latch and it can do so much more...

I erroneously posted the AND OR latch a long time ago when automation preview first came out but a lot people started using them as substitutes for SR latches, and couldn't figure out why their builds didn't work which result in me having to answer the same questions over and over.

So my policy now is that it's better not to confuse people with short-cuts.

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/83723-useful-automation-gadgets/?tab=comments#comment-970441

1 minute ago, Saturnus said:

@NeotuckLearn to use the tool that is an SR latch and it can do so much more...

Look I'm just trying to help a guy who was asking for help in the forum.  I tried the SR latch and it didn't work, then I tried the AND OR latch and it did work.

If the problem is I don't understand how the SR latch works then post a better picture.  I copied it exactly

ether way the AND OR latch works so why try to fix what isn't broken?

Just now, Saturnus said:

It only works because ONI automation is a bit wonky.

I find it's better not to use it as you might start to think that's how it would work with real logic gates.

There's no issue with wired OR gates, you just need to add some resistance.

Though nowadays, the simplest logic circuit is Arduino I guess...

2 hours ago, Meeepster said:

Hey guys,

I have the following problem. I want to pump out a specific amount of liquid. In this example its polluted water. If the sensor above gets activated it should activate the pump until the sensor below is activated. If the sensor bellow is activated it should turn off the pump until the sensor above gets activated again. Could you guys tell me how I should wire this up to get it work like this?

Sorry for my bad english.

Oxygen Not Included Screenshot 2018.02.20 - 16.24.00.31.png

Couldn't you make a state cell by using two not gates connected into each other. The one switch connected to the input of one not gate and the other connected into the input of the other not gate. Then just connect the pump to the same not gate the uper sensor is connected to. 

Set the bottom sensor to go active if it has no liquid around it and the top one to go active it it has some liquid around it. This should active the pump till the bottom sensor doesn't detect pwater around itself anymore 

Archived