Auto sweeper is so lonely that it wants to do other stuff...

@TehPlayer14 you can kind of make an automated dusk cap farm by having the sweeper feed the plants with slime and just having the plants go through their automatic drop cycle it’s a lot longer and more slime intensive but if you take the time to trap pufts and make morbs you could have a fully automatic food dispenser in you’re mess hall with absolutely no dupe labor required.

27 minutes ago, BT_20 said:

@TehPlayer14 you can kind of make an automated dusk cap farm by having the sweeper feed the plants with slime and just having the plants go through their automatic drop cycle it’s a lot longer and more slime intensive but if you take the time to trap pufts and make morbs you could have a fully automatic food dispenser in you’re mess hall with absolutely no dupe labor required.

Na no need for that I've a skilled dedicated farmer in the colony and every supply is delivered by auto sweepers

1 hour ago, Roboson said:

Does that sweeper deliver the micro nutrient packets? It seems like they'd be just beyond it's range. 

Don't even try that will crash the game, I've just figured that out

18 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

@TehPlayer14 Why do you still need food farm when you have OVER MILION KILOCALORIES in refrigerators already?!

I had bad starvation problem before occupational update and many dupes died in a process (because I didn't had air cooling solution at my old farm which now is gone

And its also an meter for me that I should employ more workers for food if it goes down too much

I don't know if its just me or new bugs, but auto-sweepers seem to be doing much less different things then they were doing in preview branch from what I remember. they used to deliver in an out of so many machines, feeding plants etc... but now they seem to never do anything useful, or my dupes just beat them at the tasks, not sure yet...

11 hours ago, manu_x32 said:

I don't know if its just me or new bugs, but auto-sweepers seem to be doing much less different things then they were doing in preview branch from what I remember. they used to deliver in an out of so many machines, feeding plants etc... but now they seem to never do anything useful, or my dupes just beat them at the tasks, not sure yet...

Priority affects where they should put stuff

1 hour ago, manu_x32 said:

yeah I know, all my priorities are good, but they are still way less effective than in the preview branch.

I've noticed that the auto-sweepers sometimes wait and let a dupe arrive to sweep something instead of doing it by itself. 

19 minutes ago, Fury1SOG said:

I've noticed that the auto-sweepers sometimes wait and let a dupe arrive to sweep something instead of doing it by itself. 

yeah it's weird, it's kind of random. Sometimes they do it right away, other times they just sleep.

Archived