"Ancient Cane" skin on TLE: Give it the hook!

This has always bothered me. Why is it that the Lazy Explorer suddenly loses its hook, when that's a good spot to socket your gem? I don't suppose the sprite can be updated to return this nice piece of the skin and keep its beefy look, could it? I slapped the two together quick for a general idea, along with a comparison.

(Warning: Bad photoshop incoming!)

Ancient_Cane_-_The_Lazy_Explorer_Icon.png

Lazy Explorer new.png

Looks terrible.

And worse, it looks indistinct. When someone has a Lazy Explorer out, their capabilities with it are obvious to anyone familiar with the item. This flies in the face of that.

And I suppose I can only really speak for myself, but I like the way the Lazy Explorer looks. Its appearance fits in well with the other gem staffs.

35 minutes ago, StealthBeast said:

Looks terrible.

And worse, it looks indistinct. When someone has a Lazy Explorer out, their capabilities with it are obvious to anyone familiar with the item. This flies in the face of that.

That's because it was just a quick photoshop. The OP even said it was bad. It was just there to show the basic concept.

Personally, I think it could still look distinct enough from the cane if some more work was put into it. The spikes could be removed, the gap in the hook could be filled in and the thulecite border around the gem could be thinner to draw more attention to the gem.

Personally, I thought the skin on the lazy explorer lost a lot of the appeal of the original. I always thought the original cane looked better then the staff skin. Although in all reality I doubt they'll ever change a skin like that after it's been fully released and in the game for a while now. Especially since it's not broken in any way.

Archived