Water generator plant

If you have trouble with excess water and don't want to waste power to cool these hot water, Why not use it to generate more power?

Spoiler

The only trick which you may not know is how to turn water into polluted water.

1.png.5a34a975010f1c32d88f8cc2f05934da.p

OK, it seems there's no more difficulty.

Calculation

1.png.b12aa2fbafdf78d553a31721cfa0f9ed.png

Design Diagram

2.png.31d352874492e471e8338f607049a6bc.png

Spoiler

3.png.80a73d53e3f8d317d3a3902ad3257c1c.png4.png.c660148da2c8bee73bb9d8ec050b3287.png5.png.d697c17c639be4f7a000b5ffac3e98f6.png7.png.360c6600a50e0b792083a5b961b0b6c0.png6.png.90cdc8e96f5a64b1e3e3a50673c5b83a.png

Electricity Profit

I use the plant to power 12 refrigerators and 8 ceiling lights(12*120W+8*10W=1520W), and the battery bank(8 big batteries) is always fully charged.

Conclusion

My water generator plant consumes 1020 g water per second. The power generation is about 1520W plus 8 big batteries.

It is a bit huge, but also worthy. At least better than water--> electrolyzer--> hydrogen -->hydrogen generator or a steam turbine that consumes steam.

Save File

water gen.sav

How do you cool it? I once tried to put hatches in my synthesizer array after its temperature stabilized, they refused to eat and died pretty fast. And your NG generators seem to have no cooling at all (though just dumping the water from the scrubber on them should be fine).

4 minutes ago, Kasuha said:

How do you cool it? I once tried to put hatches in my synthesizer array after its temperature stabilized, they refused to eat and died pretty fast. And your NG generators seem to have no cooling at all (though just dumping the water from the scrubber on them should be fine).

I was thinking the same thing - it also looks a bit "thin" on natural gas, meaning temp spikes would be pretty standard...

Maybe this polluted water is at like -18 or something, and thats keeping everything cool?

Either way, this is something we've been doing for a long time - the only trick here is converting clean water into dirty water, something @Saturnus and I were talking about recently - which I still haven't used :D 

1 minute ago, Lifegrow said:

the only trick here is converting clean water into dirty water,

Well, the loop can run on polluted water, CO2, or Natural Gas, so conversion of water to polluted water is purely optional.

And it still needs some clean water to run the scrubber.

6 minutes ago, Kasuha said:

How do you cool it? I once tried to put hatches in my synthesizer array after its temperature stabilited, they refused to eat and died pretty fast. And your NG generators seem to have no cooling at all (though just dumping the water from the scrubber on them should be fine).

Fertilizer synthesizer always outputs fertilizer and NG in fixed temperatures (fertilizer 50C and NG 30C).

If the wiki is right( and I checked game code just now, the following numbers are right), hatches have the living conditions

Living
Conditions:
Phase: Gas 
Comfortable: 10 °C to 21 °C 
Survivable: -30 °C to 70 °C

A few wheezeworts are enough for comfortable conditions. And even if without any cooling, they should not died in synthesizer room. Strange.

@R9MX4 I think this trick could be useful but with a combination of prioritizing geysers to my nat gas line and automating the power my polluted water and synth rooms are skyrocketing in pressure so my problem is getting rid of the pressure before my game breaks.

Archived