more like this please
has 2 steam geysers and 2 gas geysers and an oil reserve. the first steam geezer is right next to the base :) 
the cryolator is up at the top and not hard to find

ps. can we get a steam geyser detector or a sonar researchable from the tech tree? if the geyser is to far out the game can be lost too easily.

1 hour ago, geniusthemaster said:

I had a look. And if you think that is good have a look at my favourite so far. 1586744224

You're welcome :D

Edit: Note, this for the preview. Map seeds are not universal so the same seed is completely in the live and preview branch.

I used to like map seeds where the geysers were way far away and hard to find...used to.  I think the new "dups will take an entire cycle to get there" update might mean more need for these "all the geyers spawn at your base" seeds....

13 minutes ago, Kabrute said:

so far all maps generate 2 each steam nat gas and oil wells

ive been through about 8 so far and i can tell you one time i didnt even get a steam geyser due to certain objects built in their place, quite often i get 1 or no oil well and theres always been one gas geyser but more often theres 2.

1986. Pre Rancher update had 2x natural gas and a steam vent between them right outside the base, it’s second steam vent was in the far right corner (useless) and had two oil wells within reasonable positions.

Hopped on today post rancher upgrade and discovered all of these were still in place; the steam is now cool steam, and the map now also includes a copper vent, another natural gas vent, a couple chlorine geysers, a CO2 vent and a couple polluted O2 geysers. Wooooo! None of the new stuff is right outside spawn like the NGG/steam, tho. Oh well.

Be warned, 1986 is a bit short on seeds to kick you off. Like seriously short compared to most worlds. I think in the neighborhood of 3 mealwood. Doable if you don’t grow too fast but definitely mush bar territory :D

I know this is an old thread, but here's the best seed I've ever found for the cosmic update. 

Two cool steam geysers and a natural gas within 500 blocks from the starting location. Cold Biomes aren't that far away and there's tons of algae. 

I haven't explored the entire map yet, but so far it's been perfect. 

Archived