Could you add the reasons for why a user has been banned in their signiture or profile somewhere?

Sinister_Fang

We won't be doing that because I don't feel it is appropriate to discuss actions taken against another person in a public setting when they are not around to participate in that discussion. Unless of course the situation leading up to the ban was public to begin with. 

Generally, if you see somebody banned and you don't know why because they seemed like they weren't breaking the rules - it's because something else was going on. 

I very very very rarely ever ban somebody without several warnings first - I very much try to avoid permanent bans. Outside of that unless you are a spam bot, the only other reason accounts are banned were people using ALT accounts in bad ways; including using somebody else's account after having been banned multiple times.

On 1/26/2018 at 3:21 PM, JoeW said:

We won't be doing that because I don't feel it is appropriate to discuss actions taken against another person in a public setting when they are not around to participate in that discussion. Unless of course the situation leading up to the ban was public to begin with. 

whole-heartedly agree with this, it just feels like taboo to just talk about a banned user and what they did when they could still be lurking around the forums as guests.

Archived