Sanity Loss around Ponds?

I am working on a mod for a character, but I need help. I need to have the character lose sanity around ponds, but I do not know all the coding to do it. I know parts of what it would need, but I do not know the exact coding to have them lose sanity around a certain object. If anyone knows the coding needed on how to do this, I would really appreciate it! Thank you so much!

I have a character that does exactly this! You can use the code from his modmain,  it should work with yours too.

local function CalcSanityAura(inst, observer)
    if observer.prefab == "kaji" then
        return -TUNING.SANITYAURA_HUGE
	else
		return 0
	end
end

function AddSanityAura(inst)
    inst:AddComponent("sanityaura")
	inst.components.sanityaura.aurafn = CalcSanityAura
end

AddPrefabPostInit("pond", AddSanityAura)
AddPrefabPostInit("pond_mos", AddSanityAura)
AddPrefabPostInit("pond_cave", AddSanityAura)

This takes the three different pond prefabs in the game and adds a negative sanity aura around them (like monsters have) but it ONLY drains sanity if their character prefab is Kaji

(Clearly, you would switch Kaji to whatever your character's name is.)

"-TUNING.SANITYAURA_HUGE" is an existing variable in the game, and there are others like _SMALL or others like that at the end of them. But you can also just throw in any regular old number in there instead.

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 1:39 PM, CarlZalph said:

At the bottom of my post there lies code that will do what you want with some very minor tweaking.

thank you very much for this!! much appreciated! I will save this as a sanity-drain default code to change up a bit whenever I need to for other mods; thank you!

23 hours ago, pickleplayer said:

I have a character that does exactly this! You can use the code from his modmain,  it should work with yours too.

local function CalcSanityAura(inst, observer)
    if observer.prefab == "kaji" then
        return -TUNING.SANITYAURA_HUGE
	else
		return 0
	end
end

function AddSanityAura(inst)
    inst:AddComponent("sanityaura")
	inst.components.sanityaura.aurafn = CalcSanityAura
end

AddPrefabPostInit("pond", AddSanityAura)
AddPrefabPostInit("pond_mos", AddSanityAura)
AddPrefabPostInit("pond_cave", AddSanityAura)

This takes the three different pond prefabs in the game and adds a negative sanity aura around them (like monsters have) but it ONLY drains sanity if their character prefab is Kaji

(Clearly, you would switch Kaji to whatever your character's name is.)

"-TUNING.SANITYAURA_HUGE" is an existing variable in the game, and there are others like _SMALL or others like that at the end of them. But you can also just throw in any regular old number in there instead.

thank you SO MUCH for sharing all this with me, very helpful! thank you for the tips on changing the aura-area size as well! much appreciated!!

@pickleplayer

I'd recommend checking out my posting, as the code I posted in the other thread will be more compatible with other mods should multiple mods try to add their own custom rates in it.

As it stands if anyone else does the same for yours, then the last loaded mod will override the function for the prefab.