Shiprein of Giantwrecked

I love Don't Starve. I've never been a single player person, so when Don't Starve Together came out I was floored! The game that was supposedly a single player only game was given a multiplayer counterpart, amazing! At first, knowing neither of the two DLC were accessible drew me away from the game. The new crafting recipes, bosses, set pieces, mechanics, and in shipwrecks case even characters that made the game so intriguing for me were unobtainable. Suddenly Rein of Giants decsends from the heavens as a brilliant gift from Klei! It leads me to finally purchase the game... but poor shipwrecked was left out. Indeed, it's understandable to say Shipwrecked is too challenging for a completely new player to jump into with the plethora of new ways to die, so here comes the compromise. I'm not gonna lie, I personally never really cared for the ocean in Don't Starve classic and Rein of Giants, so I for one would be incredibly content with an in between. I suggest the beautiful people at Klei Entertaining put their efforts towards implementing large and traversable bodies of water in place of their stage prop waves. This would allow for players to experience Don't Starve Rein of Giants completely normally, but also intrigue them with an additional, but optional new challenge. Not being forced to traverse these rivers / lakes would allow players to make these decisions intentionally for the benefit of convenience, efficiency and in your sake familiarization with the terrifying element water!

I will admit it's naive of me to think you guys would change your game so drastically just because of one little suggestion, but I have my hopes that with enough attention from the community it will hopefully come across as more of a possibility then it likely appears to be right now. A thanks to all who read this, and Klei, I envy your masterpiece that is Don't Starve, and wish well to you all, and the game in the future. 

2 hours ago, Wilson_pl said:

Believe it or not,Shipwrecked will never end up as a Multiplayer version,so just read this,accept it,and forget about DST SW:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/322330/discussions/0/1479857071253777521/

For years people believed Don't starve will never have a multiplayer period. There were those who picked up pitchforks and torches to fight every single person to even mention the word multiplayer on these forums.

Looking at it now, none of it mattered, if Klei decides there will be multiplayer - there will be multiplayer, otherwise there won't. However making any claims about what will or will not be, even for actual developers is just an assumption that may be proven wrong any second that goes by, so don't.

The thing I'm looking for the most in Don't Starve Together's future is traversable waters. In the form of shipwrecked or an expansion to the base game. To be frank, being limited by the stage prop waves is just annoying, so if anything I want to be able to boat across them, bridge over them, or have the ability to fly so they're easily bypassed.

8 hours ago, Mynzelah said:

it's understandable to say Shipwrecked is too challenging for a completely new player to jump into with the plethora of new ways to die, so here comes the compromise. I'm not gonna lie, I personally never really cared for the ocean in Don't Starve classic and Rein of Giants, so I for one would be incredibly content with an in between. I suggest the beautiful people at Klei Entertaining put their efforts towards implementing large and traversable bodies of water in place of their stage prop waves. This would allow for players to experience Don't Starve Rein of Giants completely normally, but also intrigue them with an additional, but optional new challenge. Not being forced to traverse these rivers / lakes would allow players to make these decisions intentionally for the benefit of convenience, efficiency and in your sake familiarization with the terrifying element water!

I put a lot of unnecessary stuff in my novel of a suggestion, and now realize that people probably (didn't read it all) think I'm asking the FAQ Will Shipwrecked be implemented into Don't Starve Together. This is the part that should stand out the most.

1 minute ago, pedregales said:

@Mynzelah Might not be what you are looking for, but the Lazy Explorer (or orange staff) lets you bypass those stage prop waves.

This is true, thanks for reminding me I didn't think of that. However you are correct. I'm looking for some more depth in the early game to go with the simple ability to bypass the water without having a late game item. In general I think having water tiles replacing ponds and shallow waters in swamps slowing you down like spider webs to be a great way to speed up and slow down survivors. I think of it as adding more risk reward then adding more challenge. Because water would be just like the caves. Completely avoidable.

Archived