Auto switch on generator when battery low

Simply put some manual generators in a room.

Put a button on the entrance that will switch on the generator when triggered having a stay on for 200 sek.

When the dupes go to the manual generators at their activation value they trigger the generator as well. That way, when battery is low, backup generator turns on.

Works very well :) 

20171222111551_1.thumb.jpg.355fbd1d0c02581de3e32f4c0c428582.jpg

1 hour ago, Oozinator said:

With 35 dupes yes :) How is the performance?

It runs very smooth on the latest build 247630. I even saw a guy going for 80 dupes but that did not look smooth. That would have been completely unplayable before.

I still have smooth animations with 35 dupes.

Another approach I've seen is to put a thermo sensor above a tiny battery in a capsule filled with chlorine with granite or metal walls in a flowing water source (like the runoff from a natural gas generator).  When the temp is high, it means there's power.  When the temp goes down, it means the tiny battery is dead (meaning the large batteries should be around 75%.  The reaction time of this system is pretty fast because of chlorine's low thermal mass.  It also requires no duplicant interaction.  Makes me wish there were relative thermal sensors though.  Like, you link two of them up and say "if sensor A is 5C hotter than sensor B"

Archived