Getting untradable items from Trade Inn

Is it normal to get untradable items from the trade inn? 

I have just gotten this:
image.png.f8e0d1ded9f575dd8127e86bd7f06a27.png

I was staring at the screen thinking: "I just traded the 9 commons i had for this?".
Well, 50 spools i guess :c
It's just a question, i'm fine if getting untradeable is normal now, but i wanted to know if it's normal or a possible bug.

During the Winter's Feast Event in DST all Classy drops are turned into Winter's Feast chests, since you traded in 9 commons for a Classy you are given a Winter's Feast Chest instead of the standard classy. While event items cannot be sold on the steam marketplace they can be traded in for spools which you can use to craft additional items.

If you don't want to receive unmarketable items from the Trade Inn it's probably best to wait for the Winter's Feast event to end in early January 2018.

P.S I'm really happy to see Klei moving away from the Steam Marketplace for their items, that place brings out the worst greed in users it seems.

3 hours ago, TemporaryMan said:

Eh, spent commons only worth 45 spools, got an item you can unravel for 50 spools or that would have cost 150 to weave.  I'd call that a win.

I got a chest for 9 commons, and it contained a Penglet as well as other things.  So you can get tradable items from those, too.

You're right, it's actually worth 150 spools (since i didn't have it) and in the worst case it'd be 50 spools (10 commons turned into spools or one spiffy turned into spool).
Thanks for the answer guys! 
if everybody is fine, i think a moderator can close this  thread.

10 hours ago, MrDeepDarkmind said:

How do people get these hekin chests

Can’t tell if sincere but if you trade in 9 commons at the DST trade inn you’ll get a winters feast chest instead of the standard classy skin.

30 minutes ago, Dekay said:

Can’t tell if sincere but if you trade in 9 commons at the DST trade inn you’ll get a winters feast chest instead of the standard classy skin.

Actually OP got a Spiffy, a lucky win from Trade-Inn. T'was not a chest.

Archived