Is metal refinery supposed to destroy water?

At least with polluted water, I am seeing 50% destruction of water in vs water out.  is this by design or bug?

(i have not tested with water, only PW).  I refine one metal unit with 800kg in machine.  Once done, the machine drops to 400 kg but only ~ half (ie 200 kg) comes out.  Counting you see 20 units of PW which is 200kg.Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.1de1834edbe3db056a752795335b117c.jpg

After the second metal unit, the machine goes to zero and this time 36 packets are output = 360kg.  So 800 kg and 560kg out.

3 hours ago, chemie said:

At least with polluted water, I am seeing 50% destruction of water in vs water out.  is this by design or bug?

(i have not tested with water, only PW).  I refine one metal unit with 800kg in machine.  Once done, the machine drops to 400 kg but only ~ half (ie 200 kg) comes out.  Counting you see 20 units of PW which is 200kg.

Another 200kg output PW was picked by one of your duplicants and is now in bottle emptier.

10 hours ago, bzgzd said:

Another 200kg output PW was picked by one of your duplicants and is now in bottle emptier.

No.  Or just weird.  I ran the test once and no bottle; but got 800kg.

So more testing:

I ran a second time and this time 400 kg came out in first run (instead of 200) but then a dup came a created a bottle.  But the bottle cannot be swept.  However, dups come and collect from the mystery bottle once but then it sits there as an icon but empty.  Bottlers is on 9 priority (only 9) and the bottle sits there.  Cursor does not display it and dups wont collect.  Sweep does not help.  

Some more testing:

Ok so the bottle is a picture.  It is pictured mostly full but can contain 0-200 kg.  After a single ore is processed, the machine dumps 400 kg.  200 goes to this mystery bottle which dups collect from.  You can't force them to collect; it appears to be automatic if you have a bottler. 

BUT, it you disable the bottler, then the machine drops all 400kg to the pipe.  This seems a very silly game mechanic.

No bottler = all water to pipe

Bottler with coolant fluid = half the water goes to a bottle.

1 hour ago, chemie said:

This seems a very silly game mechanic.

It is not that complicated and there is just one simple bug that is related to this - duplicants can pick up output liquid from MR machine.
Much more complicated and weird/random things happen related to output liquid temperature...

MR machine has output "storage" that works as buffer. (there is also button to empty storage)
After metal is refined there is always 400kg liquid added to that output storage and from there it goes slowly into output pipe.

First bug is that duplicants can pick up that liquid from machine. (before it is put into output pipes)
They pick it up only when they have place to move it to - which means empty bottle emptier.

Second bug = appearance of not clickable bottle, would not happen if first bug would not exist.
That "not clickable" bottle appears only when duplicant picks liquid from MR machine and there is no more liquid left in output storage.
Then bottle image is displayed until save+load or until MR is deconstructed. That "mystery bottle" contains no liquid and is just visual bug.

Archived