Gases disappear?

Back in time I've had a quite a large layer of chlorine in the bottom of my base, mixed with O2, CO2 and CH4, but after leaving it here for about 100 cycles it has gone completely, I could not find any of chlorine anywhere in my base. Same happened recently with my hydrogen, I had room with open end at bottom (it has coal gens inside so CO2 had to go somehow, containing 3kg of H2 per tile, now half of it just disappeared.

Is this a known issue?

Chlorine slowly dissolves if it comes into contact with water I believe? Just like in real life.

What has happened to your hydrogen, I have no idea. Has it been compressed into a corner somewhere?

Edit: Do you have automatic doors at the top of your base? The airlock type will actually "eat" gas (it's a bug).

If the relative gas pressure inside your base has been increasing over time, then your Chlorine has likely been compressed into a smaller number of tiles.  The same volume should be there (unless it has been consumed by contact with germs).

Did you check the Hydrogen?  Is it still at 3k per tile?

28 minutes ago, PhailRaptor said:

If the relative gas pressure inside your base has been increasing over time, then your Chlorine has likely been compressed into a smaller number of tiles.  The same volume should be there (unless it has been consumed by contact with germs).

What kind of mutant extra strong germ consume chlorine?

On 12/30/2017 at 3:29 PM, Kabrute said:

the germ doesn't consume it, neutralize each other

is it really? i thought it worked just like how plants need certain gasses to be able to grow, but doesn't actually consume them. so i thought when germs comes into contact with chlorine it just dies, but the amount of chlorine stays the same.

2 hours ago, Wolfcream23 said:

is it really? i thought it worked just like how plants need certain gasses to be able to grow, but doesn't actually consume them. so i thought when germs comes into contact with chlorine it just dies, but the amount of chlorine stays the same.

Correct.  While doors can destroy gases, that isn't the only way that gases get destroyed.  Just the random interactions between different gases in the right circumstances will delete small pockets of one gas or another if one small pocket can't move out of the way of a larger pocket of gas.  I'd assume this gets worst the faster the simulation is run and the laggier it gets.

So yes, over-time, a less renewing gas like CO2 or Chlorine will tend to slowly get destroyed over a long time verse a constantly renewing pocket of O2.  This is why people thought that morbs 'ate' chlorine before because the pocket of chlorine they were in usually eventually vanished down to nil.

Archived