Larger storage?

Has there been any talk about larger storage?   It makes me super OCD to have materials strewn all over the place, but trying to collect and store everything in storage compactors is ridiculous.  Just to store my raw minerals alone would take like 100 compactors.  I'd kill (all my dupes) for a larger compactor that would store 200000kg.  I don't even care if it takes a bunch of refined metal and plastic to make.

I usually use a single storage compactor in an out of the way place and and empty it whenever it gets full. All the materials are left in a pile on the ground, but at least it's a single pile in a specific spot rather than strewn all over the place.

Anyone else use this exploit?

On 12/3/2017 at 2:40 AM, HabdomeRaider said:

I usually use a single storage compactor in an out of the way place and and empty it whenever it gets full. All the materials are left in a pile on the ground, but at least it's a single pile in a specific spot rather than strewn all over the place.

Anyone else use this exploit?

That's pretty much what I've been doing, was just hoping for something a little more elegant.

6 hours ago, vovik said:

Do you know that game limits size of material pile to 5000 kgs?

More material gets rounded after game load.

Haha, nope, had no idea.  So the stuff in my pile has just slowly been getting deleted?  I can't say I'm really upset about that, but it seems all the more reason to have bigger storage.

Edit:  I don't think that's the case anymore.  I just checked my pile of sweepings and it's definitely a lot more than 5000kg.

skBz1f6.jpg

I totally agree. My storage compactors are EVERYWHERE for easy access and fast sweeping and still stuff keeps lying around on the floor. Given that the game actually forces you to sweep the ground so you don't face negative decor penalties, a larger researchable storage container would be a nice addition.

We just need a couple more sizes; How about something like:

1. Storage compactor.

2. Big storage compactor. 2x2. Constructed from stone and metal ore. Needs some research. Holds 5x.

3. Huge storage compactor. 3x3. Constructed from refined metal and plastic. Needs advanced research. Holds 20x.

?

4. Incredible Compactor. 12x3. Constructed from refined metal, plastic, and thimble reeds. Needs advanced research. Holds 200x. Has 4 spots for storing material on top half and 4 spots for retrieving it on the bottom. Requires power for both storage and retrieval. Has gas hookup to fill interior with specific gas.

Archived