How to disable click to walk

Soulk

1 hour ago, obzerverlk said:

i'm curious about why you want to do this ..

When animation cancelling to fire faster by clicking between two different enemies rapidly, you'll often end up clicking on the ground close to an enemy, causing your character to move instead of attack. It ends up being an issue since animation cancelling can only be done on ranged characters and you tend to want to stand far away.

2 hours ago, Arcwell said:

When animation cancelling to fire faster by clicking between two different enemies rapidly, you'll often end up clicking on the ground close to an enemy, causing your character to move instead of attack. It ends up being an issue since animation cancelling can only be done on ranged characters and you tend to want to stand far away.

yes, mostly for this, but also cuz i dont want to walk while i click on my survival games, unless i use the walk to an object

On 2017/12/1 at 9:17 PM, obzerverlk said:

i know how to disable that, but i'm curious about why you want to do this ..

I find that lua file, but not sure where should be modified, could you let me know? Thanks.

52 minutes ago, DMC6 said:

I find that lua file, but not sure where should be modified, could you let me know? Thanks.

use "return" to replace this

if act.target == nil and TheInput:GetWorldEntityUnderMouse() == nil then
            self.startdragtime = GetTime()
        end

10 hours ago, obzerverlk said:

use "return" to replace this

if act.target == nil and TheInput:GetWorldEntityUnderMouse() == nil then
            self.startdragtime = GetTime()
        end

Its late for forge but thanks anyway, needed that.

Is it possible to make the above as a mod? The modification is tiny and in case the lua file gets updated I don't mind replacing the line again, but a mod would make the whole process easy and fast.

I would do it if I knew how, but all I've ever done was a mod that modifies the whip damage and durability. 

6 hours ago, ailailou said:

Is it possible to make the above as a mod? The modification is tiny and in case the lua file gets updated I don't mind replacing the line again, but a mod would make the whole process easy and fast.

I would do it if I knew how, but all I've ever done was a mod that modifies the whip damage and durability. 

ofcourse, it will be easy and fast, but i don't know how to deal with that..

On 2017-12-04 at 9:10 PM, ailailou said:

Is it possible to make the above as a mod?

Well sir, your wish is an order! Toggle Click to Walk

I went one step further and added options to even allow the player to toggle it while playing.

So when using the mod you should be able to chose:

• Whether that "Click to Walk" is enabled by default when you start playing (Yes or No);
  • What Keyboard key toggles on/off the functionality (K L ; [ [ ] or "Disabled" - no toggling)

Even though this would be super useful during The Forge event, I hear people doesn't like the clicking to walk behaviour at all. So I hope the mod to come in handy for those :)

Currently only DST is supported. Will update it soon to support DS (RoG/SW) soon. Enjoy!

47 minutes ago, machete_kills said:

Well sir, your wish is an order! Toggle Click to Walk

I went one step further and added options to even allow the player to toggle it while playing.

So when using the mod you should be able to chose:

• Whether that "Click to Walk" is enabled by default when you start playing (Yes or No);
  • What Keyboard key toggles on/off the functionality (K L ; [ [ ] or "Disabled" - no toggling)

Even though this would be super useful during The Forge event, I hear people doesn't like the clicking to walk behaviour at all. So I hope the mod to come in handy for those :)

Currently only DST is supported. Will update it soon to support DS (RoG/SW) soon. Enjoy!

THANKS! i will use it for survival mode as well

Archived