Why I am lag playing offline mod

I have just bought Dont starve together and put it in my SSD. My system is Ryzen 5 1600 GTX 1060 3GB DDR4 8gb. I had no problem joining and playing in my friend's server. However, If I create my own server or play in offline mode, i suffer from lag every 5-10 secs. I dont know how this could be happening. Please tell me if there is anyway to fix it. Thank you so much!

2 minutes ago, brbrmensch said:

he should have ping 0 on hosting machine, my best bet is either system freaking about hosting (firewall or something) or server mods

well i do play on my own hosted server with 0 ping, and in my exp i lag a bit with lag compensation when i turn it off, i play good

Could you explain more about server mods? I am new to this game so I dont know what is the different between server mod and client mod. How to use them correctly. Btw, could you recommend some must-have mods to improve gameplay? Thank you so much, any helps are appreciated.

16 minutes ago, ChippedTopaz said:

Could you explain more about server mods? I am new to this game so I dont know what is the different between server mod and client mod. How to use them correctly. Btw, could you recommend some must-have mods to improve gameplay? Thank you so much, any helps are appreciated.

server mods are usally big mods that adds content to the game, so it requiers for all people (host and players) to download it to play. Client mod allowed to use to any player, so you can use it on any server you playing

You can check popular mods in steam workshop to get some good stuff

Do you have caves turned on?

From my experience, even if you are explicitly playing on a singleplayer server, caves can wreak havoc on your system.

I've also found that turning lag compensation of gives a CRAZY amount of latency, which is terrible for this game, since it is based on kiting.

Archived