Toadstool post gun powder update

So I recently went to fight toadstool (regular not misery) and after 264 gun powder, with appropriate staggering in between, it did not die. After that I used up a dark sword on it and it still did not die. During the process I alternated pan pipe and ice staff so it never got a chance to use skills. Have they raised the health or something?

He didn't get a chance to summon them. After I ran out of powder I fought with the dark blade for like a minute. But he only did his ground pound attack during that time.

Im just confused why the powder wasn't enough. 264x200=52800. It's over what I need so I was actually concerned it would catch the drops on fire.

From tuning.lua:

TOADSTOOL_HEALTH = 52500

GUNPOWDER_DAMAGE = 200

EXPLOSIVE_MAX_RESIST_DAMAGE = 8000

EXPLOSIVE_RESIST_DECAY_TIME = 8

EXPLOSIVE_RESIST_DECAY_DELAY = 2

Thus it would take 263 gunpowder to kill it.

However, there was an update that makes it so that bosses take heavily reduced damage from repeated gunpowder stacks to stop complete cheeses.  The component is called 'explosiveresist'.

This component is active on: bearger, beequeen, deerclops, dragonfly, klaus, moosegoose, shadowchesspieces, stalker, and toadstool.

You must wait 10 seconds between each gunpowder explosion on the boss to do full damage.

The actual function is full 2 seconds immunity, then linear scaling from 100% immune to 0% immune over 8 seconds.

Full resistance happens only after a full stack of gunpowder (40), so do it all in one go or the second part will have a reduction in its effectiveness.

sorry, may not have been clear on my original post but 15-20 seconds elapsed between stacks of gun powder. Basically I start with flute, hit him with 40 powder, freeze him with staff and try and avoid earthquake damage. Rinse and repeat. 

5 minutes ago, SydMarch said:

sorry, may not have been clear on my original post but 15-20 seconds elapsed between stacks of gun powder. Basically I start with flute, hit him with 40 powder, freeze him with staff and try and avoid earthquake damage. Rinse and repeat. 

Just make rollback, install health info mod and check it by yourself already

Archived