Journal Entries. They help you keep track

Log Entry #3: Day 23. Need to find gold nuggets soon. Need a Science Machine ASAP

So my suggestion basically would be to allow for the crafting of Journal Entry like thing in the game, or just a Journal Entry option. In games like this sometimes it gets hard to keep track of what you need to do, what you want to do, etc. Sometimes Ill come back to a save and Ill be on like Day 71 and not know what I was doing before I exited out or what I was intending to do during the next day cycle, unless I wrote a task list on a Word Doc. Sometimes Ill have forgotten that I was going to explore the underground, or intending go to the volcano the next time I log on. Or that I will need x material to craft x because I need x. So I think Journals would be a nice addition. If not a regular tab in the game that you can press to bring up then a crafting option.

Example: Cut Reeds x4 = 1 Papyrus

Papyrus x4 = 1 Journal

Whether that Journal is reuseable and you can erase and write a new note in it. Or its one note entry per crafted Journal is completely up for debate but it would definitely be useful. Most of the time I find myself skipping over collecting Reeds anyway because I never really need them, but this would definitely make them more useful. Also a lonely survivor writing notes seems to go well with the thematic in my opinion lol. 

Bonus: Being able to write on Signs would be nice too. Placing Signs down is nice because I can see the markers on the map, but often I forget what was at the location I placed the Sign down at and why I placed it there. Being able to write a note on that Sign, so when I hover over it in the map and look at it it indicates what was there that was so important for me to remember would be nice.

Archived