new items

Plebgod

So far all i've seen was the book. which is amazing. i love it so much. I can't wait to play as wicker (i was healson at the time, which, btw, is canon due to the trailer so stop spamming maxeel healer pls god) ec-hem, I was wondering and going to test if perhaps when you have no mages instead of the book it drops a spear? in the coding my friend found a "sky spear" that isn't wigfrids. 

There is new book and new Spear. The book summons a fiend which deals 25 fire damage per attack. The spear I couldn't see due to running as Woodie but it supposedly deals a LOT of damage, these are all new items I have noticed so far, but both of them are very nice additions (and make speed runs even easier 24 minutes with a random party :p)

I've noticed the spear dropping near the end, but most of my matches don't get that far yet since everyone is new (or, alternatively, the servers keep disconnnecting...)

The spear's definitely in though. Keep an eye out during the last wave of enemies before boarrior.

Summon book is nice, but it's not worth holding as your exclusive item unless there really isn't enough staves to go around. It's good for, say, Wickerbottom to juggle between with a staff.

The book is terrible. The familiar deals slightly less damage then the Infernal Staff, and isn't effected by magic damage modifiers either, it dies in like one hit; and it generally only exists for half the time that the Infernal Staff would be in use.

So the book is literally the Infernal Staff but it's incredibly weaker in almost every regard.

In the time it takes to pick up the book and cast the spell you pretty much could have already attacked as much as the familiar will; if you were just using the Infernal Staff outright.

1 hour ago, Thalkas said:

I think the new book needs a buff. The golem has decent damage, but is very weak. In addition, despite the possession of the enemy in the battlefield he doesn't attack.

He does fine damage, especially if you're wickerbottom and your passive is procced, HOWEVER:

why doesn't his damage contribute towards her passive proccing? 

she has to walk up to the bosses (because lets face it it drops just before the bosses and you only fight a dozen more mobs after you get it) and melee them to get her passive to use it effectively? that's weird to me. let at least most of it count. sure she can go in and hit it a few times to finish off the passive, but i can't hit the boarilla 15 times at melee as wicker.

The golem seems to cease fire when the healing aura is casted, so it won’t disturb sleeping enemies. It’s your positioning that is key. It indeed dies almost instantly if placed at say the boarrior’s bottom, but if spawned at DPS character distance it can deal a decent amount of additional damage. Not sure how it’s amplified by Wicker’s perk, but I assume it increases damage.

The Spiral Spear on the other hand is vague to me. It allows the user to jump Tigershark style and crash down on a small area. That is all I know. 

4 hours ago, WishIHadAFridge said:

The Spiral Spear on the other hand is vague to me. It allows the user to jump Tigershark style and crash down on a small area. That is all I know. 

Spiral spear is insanely Overpowered item. With pdam armor and better Nox helmet it deals 35 damage per standard hit. In the same amount of hits that is necessary for Wigfrid to active her shout the spear will automatically triger it's passive special which is the same as blow darts special but deals 35 damage per hit, 40+ if target has broken armor, and then add the fact it is synced with Wigfrids shout giving you 50 - 55 max damage per hit and you deal 5 - 7 hits. 
This of course activates Wigfrid shout again very soon after, but the next shout will be again followed by drill. 

And then you have the special which lets you pretty much teleport and deal high damage 70 - 100 to anything you crash into. 

Wicker actually deals a boatload of damage with summon book if she's using Fire staff. Fire staff procs her passive -so- fast she can easily use them both at charged level without having to wait for chargeups, and the golem deals like 35 damage a hit when charged, which is no joke.

It's OK if she's using heal staff, but you probably don't want to be using your charge on it unless the party seems really healthy.

Sky Spear is amazing and makes Wigfrid into the only real "melee dps" option. Ideally wig probably swaps to darts on start of Scourpeon wave, and keeps them until sky spear drops. Pith Spear also does more damage than the other melee weapons, at the cost of not debuffing defense like the others.

The Sky Spear's special is good for stun as usual, but the normal attacks do more damage due to the rapid-fire atttack every 7 or so hits.

Archived