how to increase performance?

Hello.

very few fps if you increase the base how can this be solved?

my nootboke

Операционная система    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64
DirectX 11, 12
Системная плата    Clevo P170EM
Чипсет системной платы    Intel Panther Point HM77, Intel Ivy Bridge
Тип ЦП    Mobile QuadCore Intel Core i7-3630QM, 3200 MHz (32 x 100)
Системная память    16275 МБ  (DDR3-1600 DDR3 SDRAM)
Видеоадаптер    Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000  (2112 МБ)
Видеоадаптер    AMD Radeon HD 7970M (2048 МБ) 
Тип памяти    GDDR5 
GPU name Wimbledon
Pixel rate 27.2 GPixel/s
Texture rate 68 GTexel/s
Floating-point performance 2,176 GFLOPS
Общая пропускная способность памяти в Гбайт/с    172,8 Гбайт/с
Дисковый накопитель    KINGSTON SMS200S3240G (mSata)
Монитор    Chi Mei N173HGE-L21  17.3" LCD (FHD, IPS)

ONI-2.jpg

ONI.jpg

Make sure the game run on discrete video-card (Radeon HD 7970M), not integrate one (HD Graphics 4000). Check output_log.txt in \OxygenNotIncluded_Data, find string Direct3D: Renderer:

Make sure that the laptop is cooling well and the CPU/GPU is not in a state of trotting. Check that the energy saving plan is disabled.

23 minutes ago, Oozinator said:

That gives me no really FPS boost, i have to lock them down, to get perhaps 3-5 FPS back, in lategame

That 3-5fps is better than none XD But yes also locking off areas for your dupes to walk helps from what i was told to reduce their pathfinding

Try organizing your storage so you have just 1 element in each storage compactor. Also keep it in a vacuum. This helps bring down the amount of calculation the game is doing on the heat exchange front. Really does make a difference.

On 9.11.2017 at 10:42 AM, pofil said:

Try organizing your storage so you have just 1 element in each storage compactor. Also keep it in a vacuum. This helps bring down the amount of calculation the game is doing on the heat exchange front. Really does make a difference.

I used vacuum half of a map and got no noticeable FPS boost

What is the FPS during the day vs FPS at night? You can probably eliminate some duplicant jobs and make containers sweep only (or use the 1-container sweep-only then drop items on the ground trick, which will eventually keep only one instance of each item type in one spot instead of spread out in multiple containers). I'm not sure what kind of difference it has on FPS though.

Also only allow specific duplicants to do specific jobs, like 1-2 harvesters.

On 08.11.2017 at 20:11, MAD-Kuzia said:

Make sure the game run on discrete video-card (Radeon HD 7970M), not integrate one (HD Graphics 4000). Check output_log.txt in \OxygenNotIncluded_Data, find string Direct3D: Renderer:

Make sure that the laptop is cooling well and the CPU/GPU is not in a state of trotting. Check that the energy saving plan is disabled.

Direct3D:
    Version:  Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1]
    Renderer: AMD Radeon HD 7970M (ID=0x6800)
    Vendor:   ATI
    VRAM:     2028 MB
    Driver:   23.20.788.0

overheating and trottling no, optimization is disabled for maximum performance.

On 08.11.2017 at 9:12 PM, BlueLance said:

make sure each storage contained only contains 1 material per container. There isnt much you can do unfortunately that will give you a massive boost.

well, I'll try your option, to overload all of one resource

how can help me to change the settings of the app?

ONI-3.jpg

Hey mishaNT,

u can't do anything. I love the game, but the performance is sadly bad. Have a similar setting like u, but no notebook, rather a desktop pc.

Have an I7 3930K with 6x 3,2GHZ (Turbo Mode 3,8GHZ) and 2 of the 7970 AMD Cards. If I dig to the bottom of the map and have the world map 60% dug out, I have on the normal speed 12FPS. Fast forward  isn't playable anymore. The main problem of the game is the CPU utilization. The game use 2 cores max and that is the bottleneck of the game. Only more single threading power like more MHZ per Core can speed up the game a little bit, but i don't like overclocking ;)

Some people said, don't build big... That is not the answer guys. The answer should be: "Developer, do your best to optimize the game"

But over the last weeks and updates, the game gets slower and slower. More calculations, more stuff, more things, but still no optimization. It isn't fun to play the game with the lategame stuff. For me personally, it is a trial of patience. Maybe the developer aren't possible to fix the problem. Maybe it is an engine fault or the experience isn't available. Don't know. But the developer think about the game before they starts the developing or not ? Wasn't it a question in the meetings at the beginning ?

"How can we ensure, that the game will run smooth, when the user dug out the whole map ?"

It seems not.  It isn't a real 3D Game, so the graphic card isn't really important. The important thing of 2D sidescrollers, 2D games generally are the CPU. The usage of the graphic card in ONI is 10-20% (Resolution is important). The cards sleeping by playing it.

I like the game, but i don't like the performance of the game.

2 hours ago, GrindThisGame said:

Using all cores in the CPU would really help the game out though...

Doesn't help for me. The game isn't a multi-threading game. So the setting to use all cores doesn't help. The game itself has a limitation. U can specify, which cores will be used, okay, but the result is still the same in the entirety. If u do that, view the percentage workload. Still the same as before.

1. Fix for a significant memory leak
  2. Further memory and performance optimizations.

Read this many many times in different updates. Is the game faster as before ? For me personally, not. Please Klei, use a savegame of a great base (highway to hell savegame :D with all biomes completely dug out) and test your own game with it. U will see the problem directly. ONI with <25FPS gets laggy. Dupes needs more and more time to react and similar things. Do anything noticeable. :?

I am not a programmer, but isn't it possible to make the game use more cores to calculate the gases, temps and the whole stuff ? The most people have 4+ core CPU.

Sorry for my english. I do always my best, but english isn't my mother tongue. :D

Archived