Is Joshua doomed?

Joshua will only become ill if he contracts some Germs while his Immunity is at or close to zero.  While there are Germs in his system, they will slowly die off, but at the cost of Immunity.

Because his Immunity works out to being -3%/cycle, he will always be at high risk, so you should take steps to prevent him from ever coming into contact with Germs.  Food Poisoning isn't lethal, but Slimelung is.  In either case, he will be out of commission every time he gets sick as he recovers, in addition to being a constant source of the corresponding Germs for other Duplicants.

Fortunately, there is also a duration after a Dupe is cured of an illness where they are immune to all illnesses.  I think it lasts 1 full cycle?  Not sure, my Dupes rarely get sick, and it's only ever Hypothermia.

4 hours ago, trukogre said:

What causes the -15% vulnerable immune system debuff?

More specifically, this:
5IdthwA.png

Little update: Joshua spent 2 cycles with 0% immune system, no illness (tooltip is kinda incomplete). I kept him unable to leave main base for that time, as long as he interacted with some contaminated slime he got ill. 

Now I have two options:

• Give him some vitamin chews every now and then to prevent him getting ill
  • Don't care about it since it's already hard to get them ill.

3 hours ago, Daxterr said:

Lol I like setting the immune system to weak, but miserable seems a bit overkill. I guess you're goona want to get some balm lillies pretty fast.

I picked him because of his Biohazardous trait, as all other duplicants have +0~2% immune system and never got ill.

Archived