Questions About Trade Inn

Can you receive an elegant from putting 9 commons in? The wiki suggests you can only use spiffies for this, however developers have suggested it's possible.

If so, do the tier of skins put in affect the chances of receiving an elegant?

For example, do I have a 1% chance if I put in 9 spiffies versus a .01% chance if I put in 9 commons?

My apologies if these seem like really simple questions, I just haven't been able to find out any of the information I need definitively.

The final question is about the approximate percentages, if anyone has a solid idea that'd be very helpful.

40 minutes ago, Mr.Mulk said:

Can you receive an elegant from putting 9 commons in? The wiki suggests you can only use spiffies for this, however developers have suggested it's possible.

There might be some chances. I received an elegant for 9 classies, so definitely not only spiffies work, why wouldn't work it with commons then?...

Tho I believe it was durint the Winter's Feast event, and if it was really so, that surely changed the chances. Not sure about the possibility itself.

41 minutes ago, Mr.Mulk said:

The final question is about the approximate percentages, if anyone has a solid idea that'd be very helpful.

We don't even know the regular drops' chances... but these chances are surely more than getting a timeless potato cup.

48 minutes ago, TemporaryMan said:

Well, I've traded 11x9 commons and 1x9 classies, and I've received 9 classies, 2 distinguished and an elegant in return, so make of that what you will.  I think it's too small a sample size to say anything conclusive, except that classy -> elegant is possible.

Was this recent or before the Halloween event if you don't mind me asking?

When you trade in 9 items, you’re guaranteed to get one item of a higher tier, usually but not necessarily the next one up. Obviously, the higher the tier of the items you trade in the greater the chance that it will be Distinguished or Elegant because every item on the same tier as the 9 you’re trading in and all items from lower tiers are eliminated as possibilities.

13 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

When you trade in 9 items, you’re guaranteed to get one item of a higher tier, usually but not necessarily the next one up. Obviously, the higher the tier of the items you trade in the greater the chance that it will be Distinguished or Elegant because every item on the same tier as the 9 you’re trading in and all items from lower tiers are eliminated as possibilities.

Thank you for that explanation, it was very helpful. :)

Archived