The future of the Forge items

fimmatek

I have some questions and thoughts regarding the Forge special items, and I'd like to hear your opinions/infos about them.

Long question short: what happens to the Forge items that we receive during the event after it ends?

Long question long:

I know that the Gladiator sets' and other skins will stay and can be used in regular worlds. These other skins are only the emotes and the belongings, right? We also know that these skins won't be trade- or marketable. However, can we use them in the trade inn after the trader returns (if he returns at all)? I would think not, because that could mix them into the normal skins, but I haven't heard info on this.

On the other hand, what will happen to every other item, like backgrounds, profile pictures etc. that can be used only in the Forge? Will they disappear, or can we keep them for the next events?

The item collection interface I'm sure will be the permanent new interface. But I'm not sure how the portrait/icon thing would really fit into normal dst, where you spend effectively no time on the world's lobby screen.

30 minutes ago, Tumalu said:

But I'm not sure how the portrait/icon thing would really fit into normal dst, where you spend effectively no time on the world's lobby screen.

The icons could also be the icons displayed in the list of players when you hit tab, and the portrait can be for customizing the pop-up when you inspect a player.

the fact that the craftable skins are buyable with respooling and have a chance of being dropped so they can be crafted leads me to think that the item skins (log suits, grass suits, WICKERBOTTOM's BOOK (i mean when else would you ever use this skin or even be given the option to use it?) etc) will be permanent even during the off season for events. 

1 hour ago, Pink_Infatuation said:

the fact that the craftable skins are buyable with respooling and have a chance of being dropped so they can be crafted leads me to think that the item skins (log suits, grass suits, WICKERBOTTOM's BOOK (i mean when else would you ever use this skin or even be given the option to use it?) etc) will be permanent even during the off season for events. 

That's good, because I really enjoy the Viking football helmet skin (in my opinion, football helms are a bit unflattering). :)

Archived