The exp system kinda needs a tweak.

Mr.Tarunio

The exp as of beta seems to be mediocre.

Time factor;
I think the time bonus should be changed towards completing the forge as fast as possible. The time bonus now can be exploited to just keep one enemy like the slow turtle and waste time for exp.

Beating the forge boss, Grand forge boarrior:

Beating the forge boss only gives 600 exp which is nothing compared to afking for the time bonus.

final thoughts:

I think the klei devs are gearing this update to market the skins(which is ok since they'll make profit for more content) and/or farm the forge. Wish there was a better way of getting a ton of exp without farming the same waves and/or afking for more exp.

3 hours ago, jantonio said:

Time factor;
I think the time bonus should be changed towards completing the forge as fast as possible. The time bonus now can be exploited to just keep one enemy like the slow turtle and waste time for exp.

I think it should be kept as is, but should reach a cap so it can't be exploited (if it doesn't already). But I do think there should be an xp bonus for beating it quickly.

3 hours ago, jantonio said:

Beating the forge boss, Grand forge boarrior:

Beating the forge boss only gives 600 exp which is nothing compared to afking for the time bonus.

Agreed. Sometimes it feels like it's better to just die when he shows up and start over again rather then actually fight him. The only reward for killing him is the xp, and it's quite an underwhelming amount...

Just putting this out there, you earn 240 for a single minute. Once you get into the high levels, (doing math based on time alone and the exp requirements I've seen.) Just a single level could take up to 2 hours alone. For reference, surviving all of the Pitt Pig rounds is 75 exp... It's not so much that time is "OP" (which it isn't if you think about just how much time is needed later on.) The issue is that the rewards for trying are rubbish. Sure, +1000 (once a day) in a single match for winning, that's 4.16 minutes worth of points. Aside from that, beating Boarrior is 600 exp, about 2.5 minutes worth of exp...

The issue is not time being too much of a reward, but trying in and of itself is not rewarding enough from a numbers perspective. Honestly, if you ask me, I think Klei just left a digit off of all the rewards (except for Time.) Boarrior for example, 600 exp (2.5 minutes) would become 6,000 exp (25 minutes.) That alone would make trying worthwhile from a numbers perspective. Pitt Pigs? 75 (0.3 minutes) to 750 (3.125 minutes.)

But hey, what do I know? That's just my 480 points on the matter. (2 minutes worth of points, and a pun on "giving your two cents" in case that pun flew over people's heads.)

Archived