Using the weapons from Forge in Survival mode.

Dorozco

I really like the idea of new weapons with their own special abilities (Such as the hammer with the anvil ability, and the healing staff or the petrifying book) inside the Forge beta, and it left me wondering how these would work if they were added into the normal Survival mode.

It'd be really cool to use Wigfrid's spear against the deerclops, or the molten darts against a spider den.

Though, this brings the question... How would these weapons be changed to work with both one wielder and multiple people attacking without being seemingly looking too "OP", which I'm aware it's a pretty vague concept, but I think that it's best to make them useful all around, rather than being useful for a specific thing, like the hammer working for both destroying buildings and attacking.

13 minutes ago, JohnWatson said:

All the Forge weapons are already skins though, but I'd love to see the Forge abilities in normal gameplay.

As far as I'm aware they're not. There isn't skin for spear and hammer, for example.

41 minutes ago, Maslak said:

There isn't skin for spear and hammer, for example.

Yeah, I was sad when I saw there were no hammer or spear skins when they can easily be applied to existing items. Guess those assets will just disappear into obscurity once the event ends...

Archived