Feathered Wreath

ClumsyPenny

Since a recent update I noticed the Feathered Wreath skin now reskins garlands. It used to reskin feather hats and I'm not sure why it changed. There's already so many garland skins and even this beta adds another one, a feather hat skin could have been nice. I never use garlands but at least feather hats have a niche use for farming krampus. Can it be changed back? Thoughts?

image.png.fc04d829596a3b81de97a884b51b39e2.pngimage.png.6e4c34c68ed6a2eec84989f86588b102.png

It even says "feather hat" in the description!

You make a fairly good argument for changing the Feathered Wreath back to it's original implementation. You sure do!

You propose that:

1. It's called a feather hat in the Forge battle

2. You propose that it says feather hat in the description

3. That we have multiple garland skins and no feather hat skins

However I must disagree with you. This skin would look great in a garland. While only inexperienced players use the garland, absolutely nobody uses the feather hat. I hope you reconsider your stance after my lenghty, truthful and well-researched conclusion. Thank you. Have a good day. Like and follow. a.

My guess is :

It resking garland because garland doesn't hide hairs, when feather hat does hide hairs. And i suppose that the skin can't change that part, so a skinned feather hat would had a strange look, with character without hair and a garland like skin.

I'm not 100% sure it's the reason, but it could explain why the skin isn't for feather hat, but for garland now.

9 hours ago, Sketched_Philo said:

While only inexperienced players use the garland, absolutely nobody uses the feather hat.

Correction: inexperienced players AND people who think garlands look nice on their characters (*cough*me*cough*) :wilson_vforvictory:

14 hours ago, Maslak said:

Is there any way to change this, though?

I'm not sure there is a way to change the skin system easily. One way to change this would be to change the Feathered Wreath itself so it will be a hat, but it's not really satisfying.

6 hours ago, Lumina said:

I'm not sure there is a way to change the skin system easily. One way to change this would be to change the Feathered Wreath itself so it will be a hat, but it's not really satisfying.

I thought it would be easier to just change the feather hat itself to check if it was skinned or not. No skin = hide hair. Skinned = show hair. I can't imagine it would requite too much tweaking of the skin system to do something like this.

20 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I thought it would be easier to just change the feather hat itself to check if it was skinned or not. No skin = hide hair. Skinned = show hair. I can't imagine it would requite too much tweaking of the skin system to do something like this.

But what happens when a skin comes out that acts like it should and requires the hidden hair?

Yeah, would require to verify it for a lot of skin, and it's probably much simpler to keep skin as they are now. I'm sure Klei will add reskin of the feather hat a day, when they'll have idea that fit the skin better. Better than changing all the skin system only for one thing and risking creating a lot of bugs or problems.

On 28.10.2017 at 7:04 PM, Hobgoblino said:

Since a recent update I noticed the Feathered Wreath skin now reskins garlands. It used to reskin feather hats and I'm not sure why it changed.

2 hours ago, jantonio said:

It was a feather hat before.

You don't say? That's what we're discussing here, lel.

Archived