Shipwrecked rant (sort of)

cezarica

I haven't played Shipwrecked too much, mostly cos prefer DST over it, but today decided to give the beta a try and see what's new and encountered some sittuations that don't seem right so...

1. In DST for instance one can swim in a sea of angry/killer bees and none will hurt you, but in Shipwrecked it seems they have a bigger attack range and seem to do more damage. Is this normal or a bug and should report it?

2. If there's a snake inside a Viney Bush looks like easiest way to kill it without any risks is to ... shovel the bush! Yeah, you read it right! I did that and got a free snake skin with it. Zero hassle, only sweet rewards. :)  Is this normal or a bug and should report it?

3. When you get hit by a hissy snake (i was chopping a tree and one was in there and bit me), stinky ray (was dark and got past them), those cursed mosquitoes (was playng roulette and got the lucky jackpot!), or those spider warriors (will leave them out of the discussion cos if you get hit by one then you did something wrong) is really annoying that you get poisoned and good luck with finding a gland in time to make the antidote. A certain duration wouldn't be a better choice? It's a tad too strong punishment.

4. Getting hit multiple times by lightingings in monsoon season is something normal? I just started and died at like day 26...

Lighting, bees and venom killed my mood for this really. :S

1. I haven't really seen too many bees in shipwrecked.  Usually I encounter lone bee hives

2. That's cool, I didn't know you could get rid of a snake in a bush like that

3. So after about 3 days the poison wears off, but by that time it will have taken an enormous amount of health and sanity. Having a seashell suit on you all the time is pretty essential (protects against being poisoned by snakes, spiders, mosquitoes).  You can pretty much always outrun stink rays.

4. Wear a snake skin hat or jacket and you'll be protected from the lightning.  It is pretty cheap, just need a bone shard.

1. I stumbled into an area with like 10-15 hives, out of wich like 3-4 where killer bees.

2. Guess that's an unintended feature. Your welcome. :)

3. I've seen that the bird that replaces Chester in SW (sorry forgot the name) the poison effect wears off faster then 3 days, a notch too much if you ask me from a new to this DLC player.

4. Thanks for the tip. To be honest haven't even noticed it. /facepalm

16 hours ago, cezarica said:

1. In DST for instance one can swim in a sea of angry/killer bees and none will hurt you, but in Shipwrecked it seems they have a bigger attack range and seem to do more damage. Is this normal or a bug and should report it?

About the range, I was wondering too - good question...

2. If there's a snake inside a Viney Bush looks like easiest way to kill it without any risks is to ... shovel the bush! Yeah, you read it right! I did that and got a free snake skin with it. Zero hassle, only sweet rewards. :)  Is this normal or a bug and should report it?

It's not a bug. Just kill the snake. Digging it up is a good option, if you want to purposely destroy the spawner.

3. When you get hit by a hissy snake (i was chopping a tree and one was in there and bit me), stinky ray (was dark and got past them), those cursed mosquitoes (was playng roulette and got the lucky jackpot!), or those spider warriors (will leave them out of the discussion cos if you get hit by one then you did something wrong) is really annoying that you get poisoned and good luck with finding a gland in time to make the antidote. A certain duration wouldn't be a better choice? It's a tad too strong punishment.

Leave the log suit - wear a seashell suit instead (good against snakes, spider warriors and mosquitoes) and for fighting the stink rays wear particulate purifier. Poison was nerfed and is a joke now really o_O

4. Getting hit multiple times by lightingings in monsoon season is something normal? I just started and died at like day 26...

Wear a snakeskin hat or Dumbrella to protect against lighting.

On 10/28/2017 at 2:21 PM, voyager156 said:

About the range, I was wondering too - good question...

Should make a post in the Bugs section maybe get an answer there?

It's not a bug. Just kill the snake. Digging it up is a good option, if you want to purposely destroy the spawner.

Didn't care much about that as was far away from the island where decided would make camp. Thanks for the heads-up by the way.

Leave the log suit - wear a seashell suit instead (good against snakes, spider warriors and mosquitoes) and for fighting the stink rays wear particulate purifier. Poison was nerfed and is a joke now really o_O

I don't wear a log suit or any suit for that matter when I'm not attacking/defending and prefer to have a backpack at all times instead. I was chopping a tree when a damn snake fell of from the tree i just chopped down and prick bit me before i could see it and react. Seashell suit. Got it! :)

Wear a snakeskin hat or Dumbrella to protect against lighting.

@darkscaryforest mentioned the same hat. Thanks guys.

Any other tips would be more than appreciated. :)

On 27.10.2017 at 9:50 PM, cezarica said:

ah, solo op bees. They was same in DST before... ANR, maybe? but then devs nerfed them. i can advice to use beekeeper hat to fight them

On 27.10.2017 at 9:50 PM, cezarica said:

Lighting, bees and venom killed my mood for this really. :S

Play as WX if you can't hadle this. WX is the most OP character in SW

if you don't want to play wx, just kill stink rays in the sea, or dig some glands from swamp, or kill snakes. or kill spider warriors, or green houndd... there is a lot of ways to get poison gland

snake skin hat can protect you from lightning

Archived