"Throw-death" and "Knock off" animations/effects

It seems like you have implemented something in The Forge that I think was a really nice addition; hit attack throw. I've seen only the giant gorilla mobs apply this effect, but basically when they swipe at you, they throw you in the air, and then you land, needing time to stand up again, making you basically stunned a few meters ahead of them. I think that's a really nice touch! However, if they swipe at you and you die, you only play the normal death animation. There's nothing like throw-death animation. I think, for consistency, it would be neat to have it in. It wouldn't require much animating either, considering you have the death animation and its textures and the throw-fall animation in place as well, from which you can take the assets and animation sequences in order to create the throw-death animation.

In a nutshell, this would be the death animation played when you get swipe-hit by a gorilla or something like that.

I also think some other mobs, like the spiked turtles, when spinning and sliding around, should knock you off if they hit you while in this state. They wouldn't throw you up, since they're roughly your height themselves, so the animation wouldn't take that long, but considering that they hit you at quite the speed, they should at least knock you off. This would make the fight a little bit harder and a bit more interesting as well.

May be these kinds of effects/animation sequences could be placed for some more of mob attacks as well?

I think these kinds of features are something that would be good for you to focus on, as it changes up things ever so slightly, but builds up to something neat and a bit more challenging.

Archived