Geyser-Free Life Support?

8 hours ago, Whispershade said:

Before outbreak, dupes didnt consume polluted oxygen when they breathed it.

I'm well aware. I still designed the base with sufficient exposed polluted water to equal to the consumption rate of the duplicants and ran an older save of it for about 100 cycles post-outbreak after the consumption fix to verify that I had it designed well enough to support their oxygen needs. It wasn't that difficult to design. Mesh tile terraces braced by gas tiles for flooring everywhere, basically.

23 minutes ago, KAL_9000 said:

(purifier keeps the germs, seriously?!)

They changed the name to distiller because of this. Germs slowly die off in oxygen and clean water so have to give it time or heat it up to sterilize it.

11 hours ago, Risu said:

They changed the name to distiller because of this.

Odd choice, considering that distillation means boiling and condensing the water, which would definitely kill any germs in it and also not require sand, while "purification" doesn't necessarily mean that germs are removed.

9 hours ago, Michi01 said:

Odd choice, considering that distillation means boiling and condensing the water, which would definitely kill any germs in it and also not require sand, while "purification" doesn't necessarily mean that germs are removed.

I thought the same, distillation implies boiling and the use of sand implies filtering. The first one is good at killing germs, and the second one not so good. So all in all makes sense, except of course the name.

Archived