Exosuits don't apear to (completely?) protect against slimelung

In the middle of a massive Slimelung outbreak, much to my surprise, given that all the dupes going into the swamp are in Exosuits and using hand sanitizer on their way into the base. Not sure how you get slime LUNG when you're breathing a dedicated, clean oxygen supply and washing off on your way out...

Base itself is clean

Note: I am playing with weak immune systems

airlock.png

50 minutes ago, caffeinated21 said:

Good point- I could kill that airlock.

That said, I can see this leading to stressed out dupes (running with their mouths closed back into the base), but i don't see how it's going to cause slimelung...

Their suits are running out of oxygen so they are removing them and breathing polluted oxygen with slimelung in it.

13 minutes ago, Whispershade said:

Their suits are running out of oxygen so they are removing them and breathing polluted oxygen with slimelung in it.

1.) Never saw a dupe without a suit in the swamp
2.) Isn't the whole point of the checkpoint that they won't go past without a suit? 

I know the suits protect against germs. So somewhere along the line your dupes are getting infected somewhere else. Suits can have slimelung on them and transfer to the docks; or something to that affect.

Without looking at your germ overlay or save file it's hard to know what's really going on.

3 hours ago, caffeinated21 said:

1.) Never saw a dupe without a suit in the swamp
2.) Isn't the whole point of the checkpoint that they won't go past without a suit? 

Second point first, they cannot go out without a suit but they can return with out one if they drop it to breathe.

First point, the evidence that someone dropped a suit on the outside of your liquid lock is in that picture. Someone dropped a suit on that outside ladder or from above it and grabbed a few gulps of air. Getting infected.

15 minutes ago, MidnightSteam said:

I know the suits protect against germs. So somewhere along the line your dupes are getting infected somewhere else. Suits can have slimelung on them and transfer to the docks; or something to that affect.

Without looking at your germ overlay or save file it's hard to know what's really going on.

I'll pull an overlay later tonight when i pull up the game. As i mentioned before, the base is clean (germ overlay), and the only access to the swamp is through this checkpoint and another with similar layout. 

It seems odd to me that the incremental exposure from suit germs, immediately followed by hand sanitizer , would be enough to infect 6+ dupes with slimelung, but perhaps its possible

Just now, Whispershade said:

Second point first, they cannot go out without a suit but they can return with out one if they drop it to breathe.

First point, the evidence that someone dropped a suit on the outside of your liquid lock is in that picture. Someone dropped a suit on that outside ladder or from above it and grabbed a few gulps of air. Getting infected.

Ah ha! 
Would love to see dupes know how to return to the station before their air ran out... this isn't an isolated incident... 6+ dupes got slimelung out of this

10 hours ago, caffeinated21 said:

I'll pull an overlay later tonight when i pull up the game. As i mentioned before, the base is clean (germ overlay), and the only access to the swamp is through this checkpoint and another with similar layout. 

It seems odd to me that the incremental exposure from suit germs, immediately followed by hand sanitizer , would be enough to infect 6+ dupes with slimelung, but perhaps its possible

Hand sanitizer removed external germs, Your dupes are suffocating in their own suits, so they take them off in the slimelung infested area to breath, because of this the germs are already internal, making your hand sanitizers comepletely pointless.

Edit - Yes your base might be clean but the swamp isnt and that is where they are when they take off their suit. You can see evidence of this to the right of your airlock where a dupe probably got a suit with no oxygen in it, then took it off as soon as they got past the airlock. Whether the dupe went to work or went back to get another suit is a mystery. 

I've had weird issues with atmo suits recently, they just disappear completely.  I often had dupes dropping them in the field before, but now they just vanish.  It's happening with a debug base built in the oil update but in a map that I had seeded pre-oil update, maybe something got wrong in that map...  anyone getting this issue?

1 hour ago, Risu said:

Note that they do not take suits without 75 kg of oxygen in them, ever.
They are taking the suits off because they couldn't breath before putting the suit on.

Are you saying there's a bug where if dupes are holding their breath when they put on the suit, they drop it soon after putting it on? 

1 hour ago, caffeinated21 said:

Are you saying there's a bug where if dupes are holding their breath when they put on the suit, they drop it soon after putting it on?

Specifically breath value less than 72.72727272 and so on.
There is a check to remove suit "if necessary" when recovering breath, except "if necessary" means "always".

1 hour ago, Risu said:

Specifically breath value less than 72.72727272 and so on.
There is a check to remove suit "if necessary" when recovering breath, except "if necessary" means "always".

Seems like they should include a check to see if there is air in the suit, and if so, use that to recover breathe...

2 minutes ago, caffeinated21 said:

Seems like they should include a check to see if there is air in the suit, and if so, use that to recover breathe...

Yeah simplest fix is to check if an oxygen tank exists and that it isn't empty. If that is not true then ditch it.

Archived